Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thought I might stay a while while I wait for the 2016 restock :>

Default Thought I might stay a while while I wait for the 2016 restock :>

I've wanted to have my own lightsaber since before Force FX was a word, I swear!

Since ep.7 came out my sister's joined the hype train and MHS looks like a neat place to start. But until the rush dies down I guess I have to kick back again, no biggie.

Anyway, a quick run down of the parts for my introductory saber build, pommel to blade, as follows:

• MPS Pommel 4
    • RICE Port
    • Recharge Port
    • MPS Insert 13
    • MHS 3" Double Female Extension
    • Activation Box 18
    • 16mm AV Short Red Ring Momentary
    • 16mm AV Short Brass Momentary
    • MHS Double Male Connector 1
    • MHS 3" Fluted Double Female Extension
    • Speaker / Chassis Mount
    • 2W Speaker
    • MHS Choke 1
    • MHS Heatsink V4 (with extra custom fins) or V3
    • CREE XP-E2 RGB
    • Shroud
    • Gold Thumb Screw

it's loosely based on the Starkiller sabers and protos I saw floating around on google :> almost shoto style.

In my spare time I make other things and cry over the fact my degree didn't net me a proper job, nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forums.

I see on your list that you have a RICE port, 2 switches and speaker but not a sound board. Have you not decided which one you want yet?

Hopefully you get to build your saber soon. Cheers.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    I see on your list that you have a RICE port, 2 switches and speaker but not a sound board. Have you not decided which one you want yet?
    Well, I was planning on blowing out all my money on a CF7.5 but both TCSS and Plecter are sold out as far as I can see and they're still over ?100 if you include the light extender for 7+ volts colour mixing. Plecter's sold out of everything else too... I didn't want to mention Obsidian stuff on the TCSS forum, but I'm pretty sure they're in stock. I'm still weighing my options right now really, but the CF7.5 is my top choice (funds and stock allowing haha). Worst case scenario I can salvage a switch off something I have already and have a goofy stunt saber that's card ready :> .

Anyway, thanks, I hope I can start building soon too!

Yeah, I'd stay away from that obsidian. It's the most outdated board on the market. Plecter boards are top notch and he is releasing new versions of the CF, NB and others, as well as a brand new board but the Pico Crumble might not be available for general populace. I think he said something about that. Kinda like the CS. idk but yeah, lots of new stuff coming out! Exciting
    ERUDITION

You'll have to be patient to get your hands on Plecter electronics. They're made and sold in batches, so you'll have to wait until a batch is stocked before buying one (they sell out fast!). Also, the next batch of CFs will be the Crystal Focus 8.0 TS

Yeah, I'd stay away from that obsidian. It's the most outdated board on the market. Plecter boards are top notch and he is releasing new versions of the CF, NB and others, as well as a brand new board but the Pico Crumble might not be available for general populace. I think he said something about that. Kinda like the CS. idk but yeah, lots of new stuff coming out! Exciting
    Kind of a shame, from what I've seen Ultrasabers' hilt production seems pretty solid (although not as screen perfect as Park sabers). I did get the feeling the Obsidian was a bit dusty from the reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    You'll have to be patient to get your hands on Plecter electronics. They're made and sold in batches, so you'll have to wait until a batch is stocked before buying one (they sell out fast!). Also, the next batch of CFs will be the Crystal Focus 8.0 TS
    Well the only thing to do is to make my own board using that dubious spare ps3 pad my friend gave me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manadono View Post
    Well the only thing to do is to make my own board using that dubious spare ps3 pad my friend gave me!!
    Oh sorry, I forgot to specify the time... Plecter is coming out with the new boards like... now. You shouldn't have to wait long if you pay close attention and snag a board when they launch. I don't know about all the new boards but he said the NBv3 is coming in early January. He posted details on all the new products on the FX forums.

I wish I could afford to pick up two of the NBv3s for a project I'm working on but I'll probably have to wait until the next run.
    ERUDITION

You shouldn't have to wait long if you pay close attention and snag a board when they launch. I don't know about all the new boards but he said the NBv3 is coming in early January. He posted details on all the new products on the FX forums.
    Thanks man, I'll keep my eyes open!

So when is this "2016 restock"?

And by restock does that mean conversion kits as well or are those all gone for good?

Hello there, to a fellow Brit. Welcome to the party! FYI You can order MHS parts via JQ Sabers in the UK and boards from Plecter labs in France. It may help keep shipping cost down, this hobby can be expensive and addictive
    Good luck with the build MTFBWY