Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would it be possible to make this?

Default Would it be possible to make this?

I've never seen anyone make a lightsaber hilt like this before. I was going through Pinterest and I came across this picture. image.jpg

Has anyone got some helpful tips and tricks on making an awesome lightsaber hilt like this?

Blog Entries

Your would have to acquire the very hard to come by transparasteel.

Easily achieved with pvc and clear polycarbonate

so where could I get the transparasteel? This is my first lightsaber so I'm pulling from a lot of different examples. I like the shape of the pommel and emitter ends. Would there be a substitute for the transparasteel that I could uses?

Blog Entries

Oh boy. I was joking about transparasteel. It doesn't exist

Then I mentioned pvc and polycarbonate, which do exist. You could use pvc for the pommel and emitter and clear polycarbonate for the see through Crystal chamber.

Have a search through the forums looking for pvc saber tutorials and examples. There are plenty around.

Good luck

oh my gosh! you can tell I am a noob at Star Wars. thanks and I have been looking. gonna go to the hardware store today and see if I can find the right materials for it.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Transparasteel is only available in a galaxy far far away, so transparent polyc is going to be your best bet. The store sells 1" OD clear tube, but you can get larger diameters that will match the MHS V1 parts online, for example at McMaster.com
    Your next issue is going to be space for internals. That's a small hilt and most small hilts don't have that big of a crystal chamber if they want light and sound. If you're not interested in sound you should be OK, but you're probably still going to have to go for a smaller battery which will result in shorter run times. It's a rad hilt, though, and I hope you go for it.
    Edit: apparently I took my time writing my reply...

does it look like water would be on the inside of the crystal chamber? making that part would most likely be the most difficult. what you guys think?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Dylan Marcos View Post
    does it look like water would be on the inside of the crystal chamber? making that part would most likely be the most difficult. what you guys think?
    I think when dealing with electronics, water should not even enter the conversation. If you got creative, you could give the impression of water. Perhaps dabs of hot glue on the inside of the tube to simulate bubbles.

Sounds like a stringy mess to me though...
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 01-02-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Alec/Lord Maul did a water proof saber.. if you 'really' want to go that route.
    (threw it in sink with lights on..etc it all worked.. but opening things back up might be a problem. )

you can get some clear poly/tube to use.. but how are you going to connect/secure it to the MHS hilt pieces?

Also.. in the pic. the clear tub shows nothing but the crystal chamber.. you will need to deviate form that plan in order get wires up to the electronics (LED) in the top half of the hilt

doable.. I'd say so.. for sure.

duelable or ready for great wear and tear.. (probably not so much)

If it were me.. I'd probably start with the emitter and pommel/end of choice..

and use two of these (modified removing the threads on one side so the tube can slide over that end) http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Do...le-1-P127.aspx

as my top and bottom pieces to secure the clear tubing too..

Basically what I'm going for is something that will look nice when on display or attached to my belt. I've got a basic design on how I would like to build it just finding parts is my main concern. I don't have the budget to spend bucket loads of money to get one professionally made like that.

I figured if I was dueling I could use a different lightsaber (same design) just secure the clear tube to the two separate ends of the hilt with screws of some sort.

As far as the water effect is have to do some more research but I think that maybe even doing away with the clear tube and more of a cutaway with wires and such showing. of course it would have to look way more "Jedi" than just a few wires running through the hilt for the LEDs and blade lights.

???