Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice For Exiled Jedi Costum

Talking Need Advice For Exiled Jedi Costum

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI am new to this whole Star Wars Universe thing. I just recently came across The Custom Saber Shop and found this section of the forums. Since I am a big fan of Star Wars I figured you pros would know how to get things done. With that said I need help with a project I am working on. My Exiled Jedi costume. I know the Jedi at the temple go for more earthy colors and the Sith are all black and grey and such. I wanted this costume to be more of a mixture between 21st century fashions and with the Star Wars Jedi as well. Any ideas, advice, opinions, and or websites that would help? I have some drawings of my basic design that I will post in a minute. Thanks in advance!

EDIT**

I wasn't being very clear when I posted this on what kind of costume I was looking to create. Anyway, I want.

I like the shoulder pads in the picture below and the belt that goes across the front. I do not, however, like the grey color. I'm looking for more of a Jedi look. Not tan or brown but something that reflects the colors of a nomad (does that makes sense?)

I didn't plan on using the tradition boot style that the Jedi of Sith would use by more of a lace up style boot that only comes up a few inches above the ankles. Maybe add some wrappings around the shin.

Even wrapped bracers would be ideal as well. Maybe gloves depending on the style. Also any one have ideas on a color scheme and even materials? Please give me some feedback. this is my first project so j want to do it right.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Jedi Master Dylan Marcos; 01-01-2016 at 10:28 PM.

accidentally attached more than one copy of a few of the images I was getting inspiration from.

just out of interest, do you have these saved to a pinterest board we could see? the screenshots are very low resolution and the names of the images/characters might provide more source material.

Great idea by the way, sort of a Starkiller meeds KOTOR style.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

To evoke "nomad" I would advise one of your colors being something along the tan-brown spectrum of colors... even a tanish off-white may do the job, or maybe a nice leather item. I would figure out what color you want to use from that spectrum first, and what that item will be, and then the rest will be easier to develop a color scheme around that...

Former Jedi who aren't darkside are usually called Grey Jedi. If you don't like all grey you could work it in. Like Grey tabbards or cloak with other colors for the rest.
    Corellian Jedis used a green / black color scheme. You could come up with another 2 color scheme and work a little grey in for accents.
    Check out the rebel legion site for ideas.
    http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/index.php
    Don Mac.
    Sith Happens

thanks a bunch guys!
    I'll go find the pictures on Pinterest and put them on a board. my username is Dylan Rutland. But yeah guess I'll have to go find out what two color scheme will look nice. I like the idea of the grey accents. the options are limitless really.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

The options truly are limitless. You may even want to look at some "color scheme generators" online (like this one: http://www.perbang.dk/color+scheme/) to help you see what colors you think go well together

Question. where would I post a thread about a Star Wars fan film idea? just so I can get some ideas and other helpful advice and opinions. this is like my second or third time to post on a forum. ever. so I'm like a Palawan learner at All of this.

just pinned those example pictures to my only board on Pinterest. go check them out and please give me yalls opinions.

I'd suggest looking up Grey Jedi costumes. Even if they're not the colors you're looking for, it'll likely be similar style. Jolee Bindo is a character from SWTOR you might want to look into. Let me know your results, I'm thinking of a very similar costume at some point.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster, and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death my apprentice.