Thread: Need Help with Dimensions and wiring Please

Default Need Help with Dimensions and wiring Please

Hello all, I am new to this forum so if i have posted this in the wrong section please move/delete it, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have been searching for the perfect saber construction that i would like, and seeing as i am a n00b, i would like to start off with a Saberforge guardian, with just the LED system which is a 12W LED. I am hoping some of you will know the question I have Regarding this saber and a few TCSS parts. I have orders the saber from SF already...

There is a bit of information that I would like to know. :blink:

The most important is the Inner Diameter of the Guardian Warrior, where the Pommel screws in. I would like to know if i can fit the MHS speaker mount V6 For 28mm Speakers from the custom saber shop, because it seems like you can organize the inside of the saber the best with this mount and I really like my cable management to be very neat. :dry:

The second thing is I saw that the SF 12W RGBa LED system needs the PEx hack on the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, will I also need to use one for the green 12W LED system?

The Last question is regarding the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, is it one of the better sound modules for the price or am i wasting my money? Seeing as I am working in Rands ($1 = ZAR15.47) and I am already working with a tight budget and cannot spend tooooo much on sound at this stage.

Thank you Kindly. Adrian. :cheer:

Welcome to the Forums.

Unfortunately, we don't discuss that vendor (or their products) here. I highly doubt many here would even have products by that company. Regarding the LED modules, you'd likely be better off just getting the Tri-Crees sold in the store, and using those.

Good Luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you Kindly for the response, one more question, if I get the Cree LED's, would it be better if I get the tri-cree or the Cree XP-E2 or the Cree Tri-XP-E2? bare in mind that I am very new to this and Im not a pro at wiring/soldering but I do love it.

Thanks Agian.

The Tri-Cree XP-E2 are 3 die, while the Cree XP-E2 is a single die LED. I would think you would want a Tri-Cree with a NB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

But for the tri-cree i would need the PEx?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Aidzer0 View Post
    The Last question is regarding the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, is it one of the better sound modules for the price or am i wasting my money? Seeing as I am working in Rands ($1 = ZAR15.47) and I am already working with a tight budget and cannot spend tooooo much on sound at this stage.

Thank you Kindly. Adrian. :cheer:
    NB is definitely worth the money, of that you can be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Aidzer0 View Post
    But for the tri-cree i would need the PEx?
    You would only need the PEx with the Tri-Cree if you plan to use one of the led's for the flash on clash effect.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

TCSS just happens to have a great vid on wiring up the Nano Biscotte with a PEX. Here
    https://youtu.be/ZldjWimMAvE
    And wiring a multi die LED here.
    http://youtu.be/8CWIKMi-63c?list=UU3...m8K8zVjaG7CaGQ
    In fact just watch all the vids in this series. You'll learn a lot !

As far as Saberforge, unfortunately the owner has kind of a bad rep, and isn't welcome on several forums. Just to steer you in the right direction , he has his own forum. They'll have info over there that you might need on dimensions etc...
    Good luck
    Don Mac
    Last edited by Darth Obi Don; 01-04-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    Sith Happens