Thread: How long will my items stay in my cart?

Default How long will my items stay in my cart?

Hi there,

I'm anxious to start my first build, a close replica of Anakin's second/Luke's first Lightsaber, but with the release of the new movie i think everyone has the same idea as me haha. Most of the parts i need are out of stock.

When they eventually DO come back into stock can i place them into my cart and then leave them there as a kind of reserve until i am 100% certain that i have all i need for my order? even if it's for a couple of days?

I only ask because shipping to Australia costs $45 so it would be quite expensive forget something and make another order.

Thanks for the advice and thanks for being so welcoming in other threads.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

The Cart does not reserve items for you unfortunately. Any items in your cart will remain there until wither you purchase them or someone else does. If someone else buys out all of whatever the item is, it will be removed from your cart the next time you view the page, and give you a little sentence at the top saying there were no more in stock

Blog Entries

As far as I know, it's a first come first served set up. You can't reserve parts. Which makes sense business wise if you think about it.

Ive been a member for 8-9 months now and can tell you that ordering "everything" you need in one shot is highly unlikely. We usually advise people to order what you can when it's available.

Hmm, if that's the case then it might not be viable for me to build using TCSS. Thanks to US shipping rates....

Death of a dream....

Give it a month or two for things to settle back down and stock to get built back up. You *can* buy everything all in one shot, just not while custom sabers are a crazy-hot commodity.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

A year ago before premier hype, it wasn't that bad as far as finding what you need in one shot. Sometimes you might have had to make exceptions, but you could get by. Right now, business is likely booming around here so its a grab when you can get it market.

Do you have any friends/family in the US? My best suggestion (other than waiting for the dust to settle) is to buy what you can and ship it to someone you know in the US and once you have everything, have them ship it down under.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Hmm, if that's the case then it might not be viable for me to build using TCSS. Thanks to US shipping rates....

Death of a dream....
    Don't let the dream die Wedge. I'm in the UK and have similar shipping costs. Admittedly, that put me off at first, but I was determined to build at least one saber. I'm now resigned to the fact that a saber build will cost about $70 more than most others, but hey, I love this new 'hobby' and I 'have' to make more. So now I'm trying to find other ways to keep cost down. Miraluka makes a good suggestion if it's viable.

Unfortunately i don't REALLY have anyone i know in the US.
    I do have an old mate i haven't spoken to in years who might be able to help out.

I'll let it stew for a bit until things settle down as you say and see if i can get most of what i need in one go.

haha i won't let the dream die, i'll at least give it a shot!

Thanks alot for your suggestions \m/