Thread: Help with Vader MR FX Saber inner tube

Default Help with Vader MR FX Saber inner tube

Hi I have a Darth Vader saber Master replica and i have searched high and low for a inner diffuser tube as mine has cracked i dont want to convert it i prefer to leave it original as i dont duel with it

many thanksIMG_7690.jpg

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

You could try TCSS Diffuser Tubes (For Thick-Walled and Thin-Walled Tubes) depending on what the ID of the MR blade tube is, one of these may or may not fit.

Or you could replace the tube with Blade Film or Cellophane wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    You could try TCSS Diffuser Tubes (For Thick-Walled and Thin-Walled Tubes) depending on what the ID of the MR blade tube is, one of these may or may not fit.

Or you could replace the tube with Blade Film or Cellophane wraps.

hi thanks for your time

how do i find out the ID of teh Tube? there is no print on it
    the Lightsaber is a MR thats all thats on it

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

ID= Inner Diameter, sorry for not specifying!

Most accurate way would be to use some calipers to measure. Personally I got these ones and while I do not use them all the time for everything I do, they have been invaluable on the projects I have used them on.

Or you could wait around for someone who has done something like this to show up and comment!

Or just use the Blade Film / Cellophane wrap I mentioned, and then the ID doesn't matter for fit

most of the force FX line used thin-walled polycarbonate tubing that was 1" o.d., with about a 7/8" i.d. If you plan on retaining the stock led strip, you are not going to want to use the cellophane gift wrap in place of the regular diffuser tube that is in the blade already. If you did, you'd see the individual led's in the led strip pretty clearly even through the foam diffuser, and I doubt you'd like the result. This diffuser in the store may fit: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/40...ades-P449.aspx but i've never tried it personally in an MR blade tube.

you may have to try ebay for a replacement blade tube from someone that has converted their saber, or you could try posting a wanted ad at FX-Sabers.com.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Hi Yes the Outer Tube Diameter is 1 inch and 36 inch long
    The inner Tube is 21mm Diameter lenth again 36"
    there is a few on Ebay but i am at a Disadvantage as am in the UK
    and afraid they may arrive broke
    Has anyone seen this China Replicas called Skystar? i wonder if its worth buying one for $45 just to see if they have the correct Tubes