Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First Saber Parts List

Thanks! I was going for a Quinlan Vos/Qui-Gon Jinn/ Kotor feel. I'm happy the thing even lights up!!

Hi everyone.

I am new to lightsaber building and to the forums. I was wondering if you all could help me with my electronic gut. I have my lightsaber build using instructions from http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/, but I have no clue what parts I need for the electronic gut. I have some parts on my wishlist. They are a 12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Green Ring Switch, a Nano Biscotte Sound Module V3, a BuckPuck 1000mA 6-wire, a Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (Green-Green-White), a MHS Heat Sink V3, and a 18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens. What other parts would you all recommend I get? Is there any parts I should get rid of or switch since I am a beginner?

Welcome to the forums!

Toss the Buckpuck, since it doesn't work with the NB. The voltage requirements for the NB and Buckpuck are incompatible. Download and read the Nano Biscotte manual. When you've read it once, read it again.

You'll need some resistors, and an appropriate power source for your NB. A 3.7v li-ion cell is ideal. Don't forget a speaker as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hi. This may be a stupid question, but is there any soundboard which are compatible with a buckpuck? I heard that the buckpuck is really good when it comes to allowing constant flow to the led light without the blade dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by lookinginalderaanplaces View Post
    Hi. This may be a stupid question, but is there any soundboard which are compatible with a buckpuck? I heard that the buckpuck is really good when it comes to allowing constant flow to the led light without the blade dimming.
    No, the Soundboards don't work with a buckpuck. And depending on the board, they might have current drivers on them anyway.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay. Thank you so much. This is helping me a lot.