Default First Saber Parts List

Greetings,

So I am constructing my first saber.... Here is part of my parts list

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...e-e76e7264c221

parts i'm getting when they are in stock:
    Luxeon Rebel Star

I ordered this switch separately:
    http://www.sears.com/unique-bargains...-SPM7924460823

this is a stunt saber with no soundcard. I believe I have enough batteries and the resistor should be good for the illuminated switch.
    What do you guys think?

Welcome to the Forums.

You will likely need some type of switch hole service for your switch, and a c-cli[p to hold your pommel insert in place. Also the switch you show might need more voltage than you think (12V). Make sure you check the specs on that switch carefully first.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 12-28-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay, any recommendations for a battery pack? Should I get a different switch?

and what do you mean by a switch ole service, sorry!

I appreciate the input!
    Last edited by thomasbu; 12-28-2015 at 01:27 PM.

He meant "switch hole service" so you can attach your switch to the saber.

Ah okay,

I have the 16mm recessed hole for the saber and the switch i got is 16mm... maybe I get a new switch instead...

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

The Recessed Hole should fit your switch fine since they're both 16mm, but I would agree with FJK in saying double check those specs: because it may not work at the lower voltage of typical saber parts

A 16mm switch will fit in a 16mm switch hole, however your switch looks like one of the long style 16mm switches the store sells, so it might bottom out on the inside of the hilt. You could check out the short style 16mm switches the store sells. They will definitely fit.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Is wiring a AV switch to a soundless saber much more complicated than the regular "Guarded" switch?

Thanks!

Not really, but you will need a latching switch (or the latching switch converter) if you are not using a sound card of some type.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Right, I read about that.

Another question, sorry guys, I had this LED sitting around, is this viable for a saber or should I go ahead and get a different one?
    http://www.rapidled.com/philips-luxe...l-cyan-3w-led/

Thanks again.