Thread: Simplified Wiring Check Parallel Cree/Accents for RGB crystal chamber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Simplified Wiring Check Parallel Cree/Accents for RGB crystal chamber

Hi all, Im kind of a n00b here and am making plans for my first saber using Prizm (also no EE background). I've done some research/studying and I want to run my understanding and some simplified plans with some of you more experienced smiths. I basically want to run RGB accents in a crystal chamber to mirror my blade color. Below is a simplified sketch of what I want to do.

A few main questions:
    • when wiring LEDs in parallel is it the same resistor values per LED as if you were doing them alone? (assuming each led gets its own resistor.) For example a red Cree LED usually neesd 1Ohm. If I were to run it in parallel with a low amperage accent led, do I need to adjust the resistor on the Cree in any way to compensate, or are they completely independent and everything is fine as long as the battery can supply the current?

• Ive seen other diagrams and accent LEDS get pointed to ground as well as PS+. What's the difference?

• Any other mistakes in my understanding shown in the drawing below?

Thanks all for teaching a new padawan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sparda666; 12-27-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: uploaded diagram got compressed to hell