Thread: LED blade strips vs. LEDs in emitter only for dualing

Exclamation LED blade strips vs. LEDs in emitter only for dualing

So mainly my question is can a blade LED strip be just as good or even better then something like a Luxen,rebel,etc saber where the LEDS are just in the emitter? I know you get the benefit of the saber turning off and on like in the films, where blade light becomes "shorter and longer" until off or on. Plus there is also the even lightning in a strip. However, if built well, can a LED strip be just as good or even better for dueling? If compacted with heat safe foam or some sort of film and with a fully reinforced blade is it possible that the density may possibly help make it in more safe then a hallow lit blade? Has anyone ever seen or built a very very heavy dual-worthy LED strip blade? This is of course for lightsaber vs. lightsaber only combat.

The group seems to be stuck thinking about Master FX replicas, not about the hallow insides of the blades they are using. It may also be for application reasons, but in that sense what if blade strips are even safer?
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 12-27-2015 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Forum Guidelines

This Forum IS attached to and hosted by a store.

For the most part, LED strings aren't nearly AS durable, due to the fact that you have upwards of 160 possible points (give or take) that could break. Shine up LED's don't really have that issue.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com