Thread: Crystal Chamber Wiring

Default Crystal Chamber Wiring

So I'm trying to set up an RGB crystal chamber with the Petit Crouton 3.5, and honestly I don't really get the instructions for wiring in the manual. I'm not sure what resistors I need, what wires should go where, etc. I browsed for a bit and couldn't find a post about this.

The saber is set up with a R/G/RB tri-cree, and I'm going to be driving that with a CEx board. I want the chamber to match the blade color. Any help would be much appreciated.

Specs that might be important:
    Petit Crouton v3.5
    3.7 volt 18650
    RICE port
    Color Extender
    Microtivity 5mm RGB common cathode LED (B:3.2 V/G:3.2V/R:2.0V)
    Red/Green/Royal Blue tri-cree LED

You'll have to match the color channels of the RGB LED for the crystal chamber to the color channels of the tri-cree LED.

As for the resistors for the crystal chamber LED, you have all the info to calculate what you need. Check this out for how to perform the calculations:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law

Have you done the 3.7v hack on the board? The pc is designed to use a 7.4v battery pack, and will not work properly without the hack on the single 18650.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I haven't worked with a PC yet, but I've had good success wiring the crystal chamber in parallel with the blade and using a dyna-ohm resistor.