Thread: Brightest Blade Possible

Default Brightest Blade Possible

I haven't built one of these before, but I'm sure I want to get the brightest blade I can get. Is the Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star the way to go? What are all of the parts that I need to fit that into my saber?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I believe that the Tri Crees (Cree Tri-XP-E2) are better + brighter than the Luxeon Tri-Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    I believe that the Tri Crees (Cree Tri-XP-E2) are better + brighter than the Luxeon Tri-Rebels
    Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay, well so far my electronics parts list includes:

Cree/Rebel Lens Holder

18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens

Blue/Blue/White Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
    Star thermal tape pad
    JST Male connector 24AWG Blue/White
    Push on/push off switch with red button
    7.4v Li-ion 1050mAh 14650 Battery Pack
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire

Then obviously there's the actual hilt and blade. Am I missing anything/should I switch out any of these parts for something else?

Seems like you're going for a stunt saber?

You won't be needing the Cree/Rebel Lens Holder since you've got a Tri-Cree there; the 18ded lens should fit right onto the holes in the LED.

Well if you're using a pre-wired battery pack, you're going to need a recharge port, as well as a charger if you don't already own one for some reason.
    As Cold pointed out, you don't need a lens holder for the tri lens.
    Not sure why you have the lone, male JST connector with no female or why you need the JST connectors at all.
    (Personal preference) If you have room for it, I would grab the 18650 7.4V pack as you'd get >double the battery life.
    You're going to need an MHS heat sink to mount your LED on and to hold the lens in place.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.