Thread: Want to make a Anakin/Luke Lightsaber (Newbie builder)

Default Want to make a Anakin/Luke Lightsaber (Newbie builder)

Hi, I'm new at making lightsabers and have been doing research on the different types. I started out just wanting a force fx lighsaber with a removable blade but those are expensive. Then I found out about ultrasabers, so my motives changed into wanting a duel worthy lightsaber. Something that won't break and is very durable. Those lightsabes however look even more expensive and dont even have the hilt I want. So I decided to make my own. Now I'm here trying to figure out how to make a blade. I started with the Hilt, and I wanted to make Anakin/Luke's lightsaber. I was gonna build it but one of the parts is out of stock. So I'm probably gonna just buy the hilt already built (suggestions appreciated). Now I need to know how to implement the following things into my blade

- Removable Blade
    - Lights that won't break
    -Sound board
    - Flash on clash
    - Combat ready blade material
    -pointed blade tip

also is there a way to get the light to go bottom from top without having to do the LED's through the tube?

Welcome to the forum.

This section of the forums is devoted to converting those replica hilts to removable blade, duely sabers. In regards to cost... this is not a cheap hobby. Crafting lightsabers can be expensive. Buying nice lightsabers can be very expensive.

As for light scrolling, soundboards have the blade "fade" in and out when they power on/off but no, you're not going to get a true extend/retract effect without a segmented LED string.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.