Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP 2005 MR Mace Windu Build

I'm just going to throw this out there... SF doesn't possess any special, exclusive LED colors... What they do have are inferior, outdated LEDs and inefficient optics that create very disappointing blades. Building a tri CREE module from TCSS will result in a much better looking blade. Hell, a 3W rebel produces a better looking blade than a "12W" SF LED. (That's not an exaggeration. I have photos if you want them)

All that being said... it's your saber and your decision, but you're reeaaally better off with TCSS parts.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out there... SF doesn't possess any special, exclusive LED colors... What they do have are inferior, outdated LEDs and inefficient optics that create very disappointing blades. Building a tri CREE module from TCSS will result in a much better looking blade. Hell, a 3W rebel produces a better looking blade than a "12W" SF LED. (That's not an exaggeration. I have photos if you want them)

All that being said... it's your saber and your decision, but you're reeaaally better off with TCSS parts.
    Yeah that would be cool if you can post some photos

Quote Originally Posted by morecoffeee View Post
    Yeah that would be cool if you can post some photos
    SF "12W" Green and 3W Rebel Lime.

Lights on

Lights off

Also here is a SF "12W" Amber on the left and an amber tri CREE XP-E2 on the right.

Trust me, there is really no contest.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    SF "12W" Green and 3W Rebel Lime.

Lights on

Lights off

Also here is a SF "12W" Amber on the left and an amber tri CREE XP-E2 on the right.

Trust me, there is really no contest.
    Not gonna lie, they look like real lightsabers xD

Quote Originally Posted by morecoffeee View Post
    Not gonna lie, they look like real lightsabers xD
    Gotta love that white-blade-with-colored-aura effect you get on camera with a bright blade.

Also, if you really like the SF color blends, you can just take the color combos from his 12w, divide the die by two, and build a custom Cree with a third die open for FoC. So Yellow would be a custom Amber/Green/FoC, Arctic Blue a RoyalBlue/Green/FoC, Red a Red/Red/FoC...

Okay so i finally got the hilt in the mail, annnnddd it's completley empty, so now i have nothing to work with, i thought it would atleast come with the original speaker box but i guess not, now i have no idea where to start, i think i should just order some parts and see if they fit?

Take some pictures and put them up. I haven't messed around with that particular hilt, but the basic concept should be the same. whats going to hold your led and blade and then the rest is all about cramfu. Don't buy without a plan. That's how you end up with a drawer full of miscellaneous stuff you never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vislir View Post
    Take some pictures and put them up. I haven't messed around with that particular hilt, but the basic concept should be the same. whats going to hold your led and blade and then the rest is all about cramfu. Don't buy without a plan. That's how you end up with a drawer full of miscellaneous stuff you never use.
    Okay just uploaded some
    Last edited by morecoffeee; 12-27-2015 at 08:33 PM.

You think something like this would work as a replacement?

~ http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...kers-P892.aspx

that is going to be too big i believe, you are going to probably have to measure the inner diameter and go from there. you can probably make a chassis from pvc. its cheap and you can experiment with different lengths.

this might help
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rs-Master-List