Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NEED HELP 2005 MR Mace Windu Build

MR hilts typically have an ID of ~1.37". Chassis options are either 1" PVC (OD ~1.32") or grinding down some of the TCSS Graflex chassis discs (OD ~1.39").

I'd personally recommend the PVC route. SCH40 PVC has an ID ~1", while Class200 has an ID of ~1.18" A few wraps of tape around the pipe will give it a snug fit in the hilt. I'd recommend running a search for Madcow-styled PVC chassis. Enough room for an 18650, NBv2/v3, and the speaker just super-glues onto the end of the pipe. TCSS conversion kit takes care of the blade/LED holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouri View Post
    MR hilts typically have an ID of ~1.37". Chassis options are either 1" PVC (OD ~1.32") or grinding down some of the TCSS Graflex chassis discs (OD ~1.39").

I'd personally recommend the PVC route. SCH40 PVC has an ID ~1", while Class200 has an ID of ~1.18" A few wraps of tape around the pipe will give it a snug fit in the hilt. I'd recommend running a search for Madcow-styled PVC chassis. Enough room for an 18650, NBv2/v3, and the speaker just super-glues onto the end of the pipe. TCSS conversion kit takes care of the blade/LED holder.
    Pretty much what I had in my head, just didnt know the dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post

Also here is a SF "12W" Amber on the left and an amber tri CREE XP-E2 on the right.

Trust me, there is really no contest.
    Holy Smokes I love that Amber Tri-Cree-XP-E2. is that with all three Amber dice or is that two with a FoC for the third? Very awesome!

That is all 3 amber. It was a tri I bought specifically to compare to the SF LED. Not much difference between 2 and 3 dice but either way, I don't have any photos of the tri amber with only 2 dice connected. Can't do any new comparison photos either, as I've gotten rid of all of my SF LEDs.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Awesome! My next build I was thinking 2 amber dice with a FoC white. Was curious how 2 dice compared. Glad to know there is not much lost. Sweet saber!