Thread: Custom saber with Force Fx sound?

Default Custom saber with Force Fx sound?

Hi

I would like to build a saber but have to do it Cheaply, hopefully well under ?150 ($220). I don't really want a stunt saber, and at this price that's mostly what I can afford, for a while I was looking at the force Fx line, they're great and where for a time within my budget, I loved the effect like it's coming out of the hilt, and read that they offer the best sound. However I put off getting one, and due to the hype of the new movie (which was great by the way) they have gone up in price. The Kit fitso saber which I was looking at was about ?125 now they're ?250+. I have come to the conclusion I would like to somehow make a saber. I do not have access to a lot of tools, a dremel and maybe a drill. I was thinking of doing something similar to a Force Fx conversion, however instead of adding the LED system to the saber, I'd add the sound system from a force FX saber (which i can get from eBay for about ?30 to a stunt saber. I'm not yet sure how to do this, how hard it would be, But I'm sure it must've been done before.
    Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated; parts lists for a basic MHS stunt saber (costs plus shipping etc.), tips, links to similar projects, anything at all, even if this is possible.

Thanks

Ben
    Last edited by bennettleben; 12-22-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Welcome to the Forums.

My best advice is to save up your money, and then use it to get/make a quality saber. While you are saving, you can spend your time reading and learning.

As a FYI, the other vendor you mentioned isn't to be mentioned in these parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

sorry, My bad, it's more a case of me justifying the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettleben View Post
    sorry, My bad, it's more a case of me justifying the purchase.
    If you temper your expectations, you can make something relatively inexpensive for not too much money. It won't have all the bells and whistles, but it's a start and you may be able to add on to it later on.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Yes, I'm not to fussed about how it looks, in fact I quite like the simple milled aluminium look, what do you think of using a force FX sound card? it's cheaper than the NB, and I wouldn't have to ship from the US as well (NB is currently out of stock). Could it even work?

You may want to exercise some patience, and see what is available "later", when you are ready to buy.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    Thanks! That's great, well within my price range, so will this go up on the custom saber shop? and do you have any idea how much shipping to the UK would be, probably not considering you;re from the US. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by bennettleben View Post
    Thanks! That's great, well within my price range, so will this go up on the custom saber shop? and do you have any idea how much shipping to the UK would be, probably not considering you;re from the US. Thanks again!
    Nothing definite has been announced here yet.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines