Thread: PC 3.5 - Saber Swing and Clash Sensitivity

Default PC 3.5 - Saber Swing and Clash Sensitivity

Hello!

I'm working on getting my first saber set up correctly. At this stage, I believe everything is wired up correctly. However, I'm finding that with all bits stuffed into the hilt, the saber's sensitivity to swing and clash seems pretty low. I can get a swing sound going with a fast thrust or a swift side-to-side motion, but very rarely with an actual swing. Likewise, I have to whack the blade into something pretty hard to get a clash detection.

Using RICE, when I try to adjust the sensitivity, I can get the saber to launch into making repeated swing sounds even when the saber is sitting still on a table. I can't seem to find a reliable happy medium where the overall swing and clash sensitivity are improved however.

I have primarily been working with the Clash, Swing, and General Sensitivity sliders.

I messed around a lot and didn't keep a good record of the results, but in general turning Swing Low down below the default 50 resulted in repetitive swing sounds, and turning General Sensitivity over 75 generated repetitive sounds, but there wasn't a noticeable difference between 55 and 75.

Does anyone have any input into what these settings are actually doing, and what I should expect the results to be when adjusting these parameters?

Thank you!

Most of it depends on where int he hilt you have the board placed. I would try putting "i" back to around 55, and try again. Also you should make note of the LS, HS, LC settings as you may need to slightly adjust them as well. The manual will explain what they do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I think I usually have my i around 60-65ish with my LS pretty low... like 35 or so. With your i raised, even with a high LC you should get clashes without much effort but if you don't, just drop your HS and LC. But yeah, location of the board will make a large difference in swing sensitivity.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Thank you for the advice!

I think I've got the swing sensor as far toward the pommel as possible. Right now, it's a pretty short saber, all things considered. I've been mulling over adding an extension, which would help with some of the cram-fu issues I'm having with the wiring, as well as letting me set the swing sensor even further back from the grip area. But, I will also try resetting the board to the default, then making the suggested changes and see how they work.

These were my settings on a PC2.0 with the board in the grooved choke section. I copied them to another saber I just did with an NBv2 also in the choke. I just copied the whole thing so disregard that which doesn't apply.

vol=4
    led=1250
    switch=2
    offp=0
    offd=0
    resume=0
    lc=360
    hs=200
    ls=20
    i=55
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6