Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First build list any help would be appreciated!

Oh ok, sorry for the inconvenience

OK! so I did my calculations for my resistors and i just want to make sure Iam in the correct ballpark. For my illuminated AV switch I got a 39ohm 1/8 W, for my green die in the CREE tri xp e2 I have a 1ohm 1/4w for the red I have a 3.3ohm 1 w and for the royal blue I have a 1 ohm 1/4 w resistor. Does all this sound right or did I not plug in the right info? One more qustion, do I need a cex for a prizm?
    Last edited by Jake; 12-29-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugi View Post
    No inconvenience at all! welcome to the forums! Iam new here myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    You may want to start your own thread....just sayin

'Get off my lawn' lol

It's not really an inconvenience, but what you're asking about is going to be totally different than what Jake is doing, and so you'd be better served with your own topic for the Parks saber.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You do not need a CeX for the Prizm.

The numbers for your RGrB LED don't look right. Could you post your calculations?

You could use the DynaOhm resistor for your switch LED. It has to be wired right to work right, though. The in or + side is wired to the battery/recharge port, and the out or - side is wired to the LED. Also, the DynaOhm must go onto the positive wire to the LED.

I plugged in my battery voltage (3.7v) and the info provided by tcss for the triple Cree (RGrB) into the led resistor calculator . I also thought about doing the dynaohm so thanks for that answer!
    Last edited by Jake; 12-29-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Ohm's Law: Resistor = (battery voltage - LED forward voltage) / current

So if you want to run a green Cree LED at a current of 1000 mA (that's 1 Amp), you will need the forward voltage for the LED (found on the store page), and your battery voltage (in this case 3.7 volts).

That gives us: Resistor = ( 3.7 - 3.58 ) / 1
    So: Resistor = 0.12 Ohm resistor

For wattage: Watts = Resistor x current sqared
    We have: Watts = 0.12 x 1 sqared
    Or: 0.12 Watt resistor

Round up the Ohm value to the nearest resistor. The higher the wattage, the more energy the resistor can dissipate, so round up the Watt value also.
    So a 0.12 Ohm 0.12 Watt resistor gets rounded up to a 0.47 Ohm 0.5 Watt resistor.

EDIT: I think I just learned how to do smiley faces . Well, one of them anyway.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 12-30-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Hi I'm new to the forum, I purchased a graflex kit from park sabers. Can anyone provide me a list of parts that I need to purchase in order to convert the hilt into a working saber with a blue blade, sound, and maybe flash on clash. I would greatly appreciate it
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    You may want to start your own thread....just sayin
    Basically that. Welcome to the forum.

You're more likely to find the help you need if you have a thread that is specific to your needs, plus it won't put stuff into Jake's thread that isn't relevant to him. Make sense?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    Ohm's Law: Resistor = (battery voltage - LED forward voltage) / current

So if you want to run a green Cree LED at a current of 1000 mA (that's 1 Amp), you will need the forward voltage for the LED (found on the store page), and your battery voltage (in this case 3.7 volts).

That gives us: Resistor = ( 3.7 - 3.58 ) / 1
    So: Resistor = 0.12 Ohm resistor

For wattage: Watts = Resistor x current sqared
    We have: Watts = 0.12 x 1 sqared
    Or: 0.12 Watt resistor

Round up the Ohm value to the nearest resistor. The higher the wattage, the more energy the resistor can dissipate, so round up the Watt value also.
    So a 0.12 Ohm 0.12 Watt resistor gets rounded up to a 0.47 Ohm 0.5 Watt resistor.

EDIT: I think I just learned how to do smiley faces . Well, one of them anyway.
    Thanks! I was a bit lost because I couldn't find the resistors I was looking for......at all.....hahaha. Congrats on the smiley faces, I am still honing that skill myself