Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First build list any help would be appreciated!

Default First build list any help would be appreciated!

Hi everybody! I recently discoverd tcss and couldnt help but feel the need to build a saber!
    So I was looking around and was pretty much lost until I figured out that there is a forum and read some stuff.
    Anywhos Ive decided to build a saber with sound and Id like to put a crystal chamber in it because I think that aspect is just amazing.

So heres my parts list thus far most has been ordered.

MHS V1 Parts:

Hilt style 4

Blade holder style 10

Pommel style 4

pommel insert 13 with clip

Choke style 3

brass covertec clip

brass switch bezel for 16mm switch

Electronics:

18650 3.7v 2600 mah battery

RGrB triple cree led (I planned on wiring the green and blue parallel and have the red be FoC)

lens and heat sink and tape for led

Blue lit 16mm momentary switch

Nano biscotte when those get back in

24 ga wire of assorted colors

clips for wires

need an led for the crystal chamber but dont know where to find one.

premium speaker

charge port

havent done my resistor calculations yet

Other assorted parts and hardware:

NB chassis discs

4-40 thread all

spacer tubing for chassis

nuts for stuff

leather

mhs sleeve material

crystal chamber bits and pieces

kill key

blade

speaker holder for chassis system

Well thats all i can think of. Am I missing anything or is there anything I dont necessarily need but should think about? Thanks fo rany replies and helpful information!
    Last edited by Jake; 12-21-2015 at 08:29 PM.

If you want flash on clash, you'll need a PeX.

You'll also need a blade retention screw to hold the blade. The shop has a large variety of 8-32 thread screws for that.

Don't forget a Covertec Clip, and this screw to hold the covertec button to the hilt.

Good luck with your build!

Pommel style 4 doesn't require an insert but MPS pommel style 4 does (just so there's no mix up). You will need a resistor for your switch led as well as one for each die of your main triple led. I always suggest getting more than one thermal tape pad and even a variety of resistors as they cost cents and can be used on the next one. Acrylic crystals are sold at TCSS or you can find one in some 'hippy shops' (for want of a better name). Some people use the 5mm accent LEDs for a CC, possibly one each end of the crystal. Personally,I used what I had available, a single led from a 12v strip for home lighting.
    Pay attention to the availability of the Nano Biscotte, cos they sell out fast, and Erv has just released version3 which has the PEX built in
    You may also wanna get a blade plug, those Crees are bright
    I look forward to seeing it completed. Good luck and MTFBWY

I have the covertec clip listed and I have the screw ordered! I knew I should have ordered more than one thermal pad but I went against my better judgment lol I'll get some more. I went to a "hippy shop" called the piramid of enlightenment and got a "phantom" quartz crystal...they gave me some paperwork that tells me it has healing powers for past regrets and etc etc.....I didn't have the heart to tell the lady it was going in a lightsaber so it could look cool all lit up...but anywhos! I will be getting a blade plug, I was literally a day late getting one of the NBs when they were last in so I'll keep my eye out! I'll make sure I get a pex. And I will defenetly post pics when I get it done! Pretty stoked about all this stuff!

It will help heal any regret of not getting an extra thermal tape pad.

^Nater you gave me a chuckle.

Jake, I don't see a battery charger. I also don't know which type of battery you're getting. If you're buying the loose batteries, you need a battery holder.

If you want CC LEDs, just google high brightness LEDs. (5mm, 3mm or "T1")
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nater View Post
    It will help heal any regret of not getting an extra thermal tape pad.
    No crystal can heal that kind of regret

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    ^Nater you gave me a chuckle.

Jake, I don't see a battery charger. I also don't know which type of battery you're getting. If you're buying the loose batteries, you need a battery holder.

If you want CC LEDs, just google high brightness LEDs. (5mm, 3mm or "T1")
    I got one of the 18650 packs and I have a smart charger for li ions already so that's why it isn't listed. Thanks for the LED heads up though I will check that out here momentarily! I may hold out for the NB v3 though I guess they are supposed to be released some time in January.

Hi I'm new to the forum, I purchased a graflex kit from park sabers. Can anyone provide me a list of parts that I need to purchase in order to convert the hilt into a working saber with a blue blade, sound, and maybe flash on clash. I would greatly appreciate it

You may want to start your own thread....just sayin