Thread: Iridescant Gift Wrap

Default Iridescant Gift Wrap

Oh dear god in heaven, Hobby lobby was a packed nightmare today with a full parking lot and a thousand slow walking women. I angled my way to the back in a hurry and somehow managed to grab the wrong roll in an attempt to escape this personal hell as quickly as possible. I've read this years ago and knew it to be fact, but after returning home (25 miles) and noticing that I got the wrong stuff, I still decided to roll/cut/experiment just because there wasn't anything else to do. Wow. The definition of terrible!

With purple, it doesn't separate colors and makes a patchy mess of blue and red. With green, its a patchy green full of dark spots. All in all just a horrid experience. I'll take a bit more time next trip and not be quite so hasty, but if anyone needs 25 ft. of Easter baskets wrapped, I'm your guy.

Good to know. I'd heard of a few people considering the iridescent wrap, but never knew how it turned out. Sounds like it does the opposite of blending, and causes more color separation. I'll keep that in mind in case I ever want that particular effect (and be able to warn padawans against it in the future)
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

For color mixing, just terrible with major separation. For a solid, the best word to describe is "splotchy". Maybe with red you might get an unstable Kylo Ren effect, but likely would not look good.

I used this stuff with a white blade once and it was kind of interesting, pastel-y. Easter hippie saber.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Quote Originally Posted by darthdan View Post
    Easter hippie saber.
    I just... I'm pretty sure those three words have never once been put together, in that order, in the whole of human language.

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    I just... I'm pretty sure those three words have never once been put together, in that order, in the whole of human language.

lol I kind of want to see it now
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I wonder if any of them are UV reactive? One of my sabers has a UV spectrum, purple blade.