Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Wisconsin!

Default Hello from Wisconsin!

Hey guys new member here! I've been lurking around the forums for awhile now and decided it was time to join. I'll be building my first saber soon once I acquire a little more info. I hope my first build goes well and would eventually like to make this my new hobby. I work in mechanical and electrical assembly on industrial equipment for a living so I should have the skills to build sabers. At first I was going to purchase a complete saber from SaberForge or Vaders Vault but after finding this site and reading through some of the info here I think building a saber is the way to go. Any tips/tricks you guys have for a new guy would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome, Im new here too. What part of Wisconsin are you from? I trek through every now and then!

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Welcome to the Forums!

It is very rewarding to build your own saber, I must say!

I look forward to seeing what you create!

Woo hoo - Wisconsin! (I'm South East WI, [Milwaukee]) (Go Packers!) haha

Anywho..

* no-no on SaberForge.. (we dont even talk about him here)
    * yeah on Vaders Vault... although this forum is connected to store front of its own. (so we try not to send people off site for other things..etc)
    * play with the MHS Builder app to get an idea for your project: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...r.php?tabid=38

I'm in the south eastern part of Wisconsin also! Whitewater/Elkhorn area.

My plan is to build a saber with all the bells and whistles. Definitely want sound and flash on clash. Trying to find a build/parts list for a complete saber. Most of what I've found so far is basic builds for no sound. I'm sure I can find something on here, just have to do some searching and reading. If anyone knows of a complete build lay out for what I'm looking for and could direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it, otherwise in the mean time I'll keep digging.

get your post count up and you can enable/get PM's then.

IMHO... designing the hilt is #1.. then you'll know how much room you have..etc
    Then I would pick a soundboard (again.. my opinion only is to stick with PlecterLabs stuff)....and read its manual (then read it again, so certain terms become understandable to you..etc)
    after that point.. most of it general items.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    Woo hoo - Wisconsin! (I'm South East WI, [Milwaukee]) (Go Packers!) haha

Anywho..

* no-no on SaberForge.. (we dont even talk about him here)
    * yeah on Vaders Vault... although this forum is connected to store front of its own. (so we try not to send people off site for other things..etc)
    * play with the MHS Builder app to get an idea for your project: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...r.php?tabid=38

youre a saint, didnt even know there was an app to play around with! Thank you!

Welcome fellow cheese head! I'm in the Racine area myself.
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

I'm from Janesville and just completed my first electronics bench test for my build. Now I just need to figure out and buy the rest of the hilt components I need.

nice! been a member here for years.. never met anyone from WI.. and now we have 4 in the same thread!

Grew up in Kenosha.. and now live in Milwaukee.. if you guys ever have questions.. let me know!