Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Build - Denique

Blog Entries

Very cool!

Are you strapping the battery to the chassis with velcro or zip tie? Looks like it might slip out of the channel without.

Very nice! I will likely use some of the design elements of your chassis when I design mine

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Very cool!

Are you strapping the battery to the chassis with velcro or zip tie? Looks like it might slip out of the channel without.
    I have a couple routes I'm thinking of, I have some nylon webbing about half an inch wide, if I had a couple of those I could put a grommet on them and screw them to the flat part at each side of it. either that or going to go the velcro/doublesided tape route. I'm going to get a couple printed so I have some test room once I finalize the design.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Very nice! I will likely use some of the design elements of your chassis when I design mine
    Thanks! Do share your ideas!

So I realized I had a few issues with the previous chassis design and wanted to fix it before I sent it out to be printed. First issue was I didn't leave enough of an opening to get the SD card out without removing the board, Second thanks to Darth Chasm, didn't even think about the size of my retention on the battery along the bottom, so I pushed it up 1MM and put in a channel to run a tie strap. Questions and Comments welcome!

Last edited by bambua; 01-19-2016 at 12:29 PM.