Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New guy on TCSS

Default New guy on TCSS

Hi folks, new here to TCSS.

With my newfound time thanks to the end of yet another semester, ive decided to tackle the rigors of building my first light saber.

Im taking the time to read the stickies around here, learning a bit more about how to build them. Most likely I will follow the first saber layout posted and stickied but well see.

I look forward to posting up the results of my first build on the forum. I also look forward to helpful feedback from everyone.

Happy holidays,

- Alex

Welcome to the party

Welcome! I may warn you that this hobby is both a gift and a curse! Ha HaHa!

Welcome! Take your time to read up on everything ... and keep an eye on your wallet
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Welcome to the craziness! This is a great hobby, and I have learned so much about so many different things while doing this it is ridiculous. The only problem, is once you finish one you start plans for the next one.

Can't wait to see your first build!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Im seeing a lot of builds on here that are pretty inspirational. Taking notes on what im looking for in my first saber build and watching TCSS videos on youtube. Theyve been really informative so far.

I also have to ask. Looking on the TCSS store, I see a lot of stuff is sold out. Is it because everyone is building sabers for the holidays and movie, or is the shop normally like that?

Quote Originally Posted by dc2kid View Post
    I also have to ask. Looking on the TCSS store, I see a lot of stuff is sold out. Is it because everyone is building sabers for the holidays and movie, or is the shop normally like that?
    It's mainly due to the unexpectedly high demand (this whole year actually) for the premiere and the holidays.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Welcome aboard!
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    It's mainly due to the unexpectedly high demand (this whole year actually) for the premiere and the holidays.
    Understandable. Hope they stock back up soon!