Thread: (help needed) Luke Skywalker ANH black series conversion

Default (help needed) Luke Skywalker ANH black series conversion

hi! I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been lurking here for about a week or so. recently acquired the new black series Luke graflex inspired saber. the hilt is absolutely stunning (except for the plastic emitter.)
    anyways, I want to do a conversion to single LED in the hilt and to be able to detach my blade. I haven't seen any conversion kits for this saber yet, but if anyone knows of one can you please link me? and if there are no kits, would anyone be so kind as to explain how I would convert it and what I would need to do so? thank you.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

There is currently not a kit available in the shop here at TCSS, but there are some places that have tutorials for doing a removable blade conversion without one. There is a tutorial here at FX-Sabers for, example: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12876.0 I am of course, assuming that the newest Hasbro version is similar to the original Master replicas....it may not be.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 12-22-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'm also interested in doing this to my BS ANH Luke. I've already gutted mine, and the disassembly is the same as the previous models of ANH Luke, but the BS soundboards are located at the base of the blade now, and are directly attached to the LED string. They are also substantially longer than the previous soundboards, but the new ones now have IC swing and clash sensors (unlike the old ball-bearing ones). You'll have to either de-solder, or break the LED circuit off. If you break it off (as I did), be careful not to damage the soundboard.

You can use a TCSS Anakin FX conversion kit in the ANH Luke hilt, built it'll require modification. Not sure which one will work best; any info you could provide Jay-gon?

no, sorry I haven't had a chance to work on one of these new ones from Hasbro, and I am not sure which Anakin kit people have used in the past to convert one of these. I took pictures of the last one of these sabers I converted with the intention of writing a tutorial, but that was a Master Replicas version, and as you say, the electronics are totally different.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    [...]I took pictures of the last one of these sabers I converted with the intention of writing a tutorial, but that was a Master Replicas version[...]
    Hi!

I'm quite interrested in such a tutorial as I own a 2007 Master Replica Luke/Anakin ANH saber (the one with the bubbled power swicth) I want to convert to dueling saber! Is this the tutorial you were preparing?

Best regards and best wishes to you all for this new year!

Paul
    Last edited by Anoril; 01-01-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    Hi!

I'm quite interrested in such a tutorial as I own a 2007 Master Replica Luke/Anakin ANH saber (the one with the bubbled power swicth) I want to convert to dueling saber! Is this the tutorial you were preparing?

Best regards and best wishes to you all for this new year!

Paul
    It was, yes...the pictures can be found here:http://s119.photobucket.com/user/Jay...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks Jay-gon!

I truly would be pleased with some annotations, and the kit you start with... Or maybe you just tweak the blade holder and placed a new LED? (I'm quite new to sabers and I can't make the difference between genuine parts and CustomSaberShop ones...)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Paul

Sorry, I took those pictures a few years ago and have completely forgotten what the written text for each picture was supposed to be. There was no kit to start with other than the 3/4" copper pipe cap for the led heatsink. I re-used everything from the original saber except for the led strip in the blade. There is a conversion tutorial over at fX-Saber for this particular model, and it's close to what I was going to write up: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12876.0 This tutorial used a conversion kit from a vendor that no longer makes them, so I used a copper cap to slide into the plastic blade socket to hold the led and lens.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-04-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the help and the URL. I did not know about fx-saber I'll check this.

My concern is that the last time I changed a lightbulb, I made the whole house go dark. Thus playing with electricity when I don't know all is under control (by someone else ) makes me shiver... This is why I like kit and tutorials.
    In that particular case, I'll have to check the tension in the saber to get the right LED protection. Well, ok. That's not the end of the world either

Thank you again for your help and link!

Regards,

Paul