I was going to use a high quality spray gun as well as a good couple hundred dollar media blaster. Then completely disassemble the ar before applying any cerakote so I wont need a super huge media blaster and I get cerakote only where I want it. I wasn't planning on using it for the barrel(since it's melonited/nitrided) only on the upper&lower receiver, rail system, castle nut, takedown pins, fire selector etc. Small parts I'll do in likely the tungsten. Then the upper, lower, and rail system I'll likely do in the burnt bronze.

I heard it's easy to do however it's easy to mess up as well. So I'll likely end up having to do it 3 or 4 times before I like the end product. Since it will be the first time I'm using cerakote and I've never used a ceramic based paint before.
I already have the rest of the tools though aside from the media blaster and a paint sprayer for the air compressor. We have several air compressors and I might even use an actual paint sprayer depending on how ceramic based paints work in it.

I'll be sure to search that forum post so I know what all I'm getting myself into. My father and I have painted entire houses though. So I think a small gun or a lightsaber hilt shouldn't be an issue once I get used to how cerakote works. Again I've never used ceramic based paint before and I've heard it's definitely a learning curve to get used to it.