Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plea for discretion and courtesy

Thanks guys for respecting those who still has not got the chance to see the film (like myself), it's a good idea and I'm really grateful for the proposal not to discuss the new film until after New Year's Eve. I still have to wait another week to see it because I want friends and family with me and would hate to have all the surprises killed by spoilers. I already have a leak in my family, my wife red all the spoilers and is itching to tell me the whole plot, that's already enough in way of potential risk...

Well, it's likely to start being discussed before then. Probably next weekend.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Well, it's easy enough to avoid spoilers here... Don't hang out in the chat box and don't read misc topics. Odds are, any thread involving the movie plot will have a title hinting at that, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Dear Fellow SW Fans,

Our greatest dreams have come true, a new Star Wars movie is upon us. As some of us are fortunate enough to go tonight (last night and earlier for some), there are others who will not see it until a later date. I am one of those unfortunate souls that has to wait.

Therefore, while it is understandable to be excited and to want to discuss the movie, its content, etc with like-minded people, I am asking that you please use discretion and show some common courtesy for your less fortunate brethren. If you make a new thread about the movie, please be kind and not spoil the movie in the title of your post. In return, those who have not seen the movie should just simply avoid the post until they are ready to begin discussion.

Additionally, I would ask that the chat box not be used for in-depth movie discussion until a reasonable time after tonight. What is a reasonable time? I'm seeing it Sunday, others may see it later. Perhaps a week? Feel free to comment on this.

Bottom line is, have respect for your fellow fans, don't be a jerk and ruin the fun for others, and just chill for a bit. We have a bunch of time shortly down the road to discuss the awesomeness we are all about to see in the next few days.

ENJOY & MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

I'm just gonna Necro this thread. It's appropriate once more. Enjoy the show, and try to avoid spoiling it for those of us who can't watch it right away.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Very reasonable. I'd like to add that there is really also no such thing as a non-spoiler. Don't assume the "unimportant" information you have isn't important to someone else (why would you bother sharing it if it wasn't interesting/important??), and joke/fake spoilers are sometimes clues to things that don't happen as much as things that do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'm just gonna Necro this thread. It's appropriate once more. Enjoy the show, and try to avoid spoiling it for those of us who can't watch it right away.

Cheers! A very appropriate use of your necromancy skills.

Just think, in another year you'll be able to flex those necro skills again.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Especially considering how its finals week

I don't like movie theaters..... mostly cause no one can actually be considerate or act like a responsible human respectful of the art and work they are witnessing. Making a film- -any film- is a ton of hard work. People need to respect the craft more. I will not be seeing this till the blu ray is out so I can offer it the respect it deserves and so my experience is not tarnished due to others being inconsiderate. I appreciate your consideration for not spoiling to much for the next 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    I don't like movie theaters..... mostly cause no one can actually be considerate or act like a responsible human respectful of the art and work they are witnessing. Making a film- -any film- is a ton of hard work. People need to respect the craft more. I will not be seeing this till the blu ray is out so I can offer it the respect it deserves and so my experience is not tarnished due to others being inconsiderate. I appreciate your consideration for not spoiling to much for the next 4-5 months.
    Not going to happen. Spoiler season will be starting VERY SOON.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    We just had an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema built in my area and it's specifically designed to combat theater shenanigans. They have a zero tolerance policy on noise and cell phone use. They even play recordings before each movie of phone calls from people who got kicked out of the theater for being disruptive with a warning about being respectful. Not sure if you have one in your area:

https://drafthouse.com/