Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plea for discretion and courtesy

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Plea for discretion and courtesy

Dear Fellow SW Fans,

Our greatest dreams have come true, a new Star Wars movie is upon us. As some of us are fortunate enough to go tonight (last night and earlier for some), there are others who will not see it until a later date. I am one of those unfortunate souls that has to wait.

Therefore, while it is understandable to be excited and to want to discuss the movie, its content, etc with like-minded people, I am asking that you please use discretion and show some common courtesy for your less fortunate brethren. If you make a new thread about the movie, please be kind and not spoil the movie in the title of your post. In return, those who have not seen the movie should just simply avoid the post until they are ready to begin discussion.

Additionally, I would ask that the chat box not be used for in-depth movie discussion until a reasonable time after tonight. What is a reasonable time? I'm seeing it Sunday, others may see it later. Perhaps a week? Feel free to comment on this.

Bottom line is, have respect for your fellow fans, don't be a jerk and ruin the fun for others, and just chill for a bit. We have a bunch of time shortly down the road to discuss the awesomeness we are all about to see in the next few days.

ENJOY & MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

I'm with you on this, I will not be seeing it for about a week. Mostly due to I wanna enjoy it with out 50 other people ruining it for me by Making to much noise and acting fools

Please, no spoilers until next week. If I see any "early spoilers", they may get temporarily removed.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Agreed. I'm bringing books to work and avoiding most of my normal online haunts until next Wednesday. If we can stay spoiler-free here, that would be fantastic.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Agreed great Idea! its going to be at least that long before I can go because of other committments. Something else may help after that just have a thread for discussion of the movie...if others havent seen it yet they don't have to read that thread until they do That would keep spoilers down for a little longer as well.

I saw it last night, but I agree spoilers would be wrong. I would say stay spoiler free until after the New Year. Many people won't have time for movies during the holidays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Agreed great Idea! its going to be at least that long before I can go because of other committments. Something else may help after that just have a thread for discussion of the movie...if others havent seen it yet they don't have to read that thread until they do That would keep spoilers down for a little longer as well.
    This is a good idea and is what has been done over at FX.

I saw it at midnight wed/thur, all ten screens sold out! Went again today (fri) 10:45am, just thirteen people at that screening
    I agree, there's so much to talk about, it would be easy to spoil it for others and nobody wants that. A separate thread would be good after a week or so.

There will be a thread, when the time is right
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I saw it at midnight wed/thur, all ten screens sold out! Went again today (fri) 10:45am, just thirteen people at that screening
    I agree, there's so much to talk about, it would be easy to spoil it for others and nobody wants that. A separate thread would be good after a week or so.

Yeah I just saw it at midnight last night/this morning in a very popular location and was shocked to see hardly anyone there. I figured it was gonna be packed.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.