Thread: Speaker Extremely Quiet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Speaker Extremely Quiet

Hey Custom Saber Shop forums, I was hoping you could help me out. I'm rebuilding my lightsaber and swapping out my crystal focus 7 and colour changer for a PRIZM setup. I've done a pre wiring out of the lightsaber to check that everything is working but the speaker is extremely quiet. I've tried 3 different speakers but they all have the same level. I know that once you put it into the saber the speaker will be louder so I built a mock saber out of some pvc and put my pommel on the end but it is still very quiet compared to my other sabers. Any advice?

I'm using a standard protected 18650 lithium ion cell that has been recharged fully so I can't imagine that it is a battery issue. Could there be something wrong with the board?
    If you are not sure, ask. If you are sure, ask anyway, you may be enlightened.

I've found the final volume of speakers that small is almost entirely dependent on the housing they're mounted in. If it were me, I would continue with the Prizm install with the original speaker, as if nothing were wrong. If you get everything installed and still have volume issues, report back and we can go from there.

Blog Entries

Did you check the volume setting in your override file?

The volume setting in the override.txt file is set to 4. The board and speaker are now installed however it is still quiet

Any last advice? I'm thinking I'll have to send it for repair somewhere or return it... No one else has had the same issue?

What speakers are you using? Make sure they are compatible with the specs of the Crystal Focus 7.5. It's possible you have a blown audio amp on the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.