Thread: More Power

Default More Power

I've been working with some econo boards out of the new saber builders series. I wired it up with an 18650 and a tri-cree and so far so good. Problem is that the LEDs aren't very bright, so I'm trying to find a way to get more brightness out of them. I don't think just adding more juice would be wise, as I don't want to get the board. It was originally set up with 3 AA batteries, so I know that I can safely push it up to 4.5v. Not sure if that's the solution though.

Any ideas?

There are some wiring diagrams on this forum that should help with that. I think you'll need a transistor and run led output from the board as a switch to turn on your LEDs. Then you can resister them properly and get a nice bright saber.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Still pretty new to this, not sure what that means.

I've been looking at the 2010 econo board diagrams, but I'm not sure if they translate to my needs. There is a PNP transistor on the diagram, but not much info about that part. I Googled it and a lot of different types of things came up and I don't know what part is the right one.

Maybe I can convince an experienced sabersmith to do a similar thread based on the current run of Saber Builders toy line.

You *could* just run one die at the 1A the board probably puts out. It'll likely be better than the result you're getting now. Sometimes, "less" is "more".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com