Okay, so I want to preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for Tim, and will not be recommending the printing of items he already sells. Basically, this all stems from wanting a more complicated-looking saber. I am a big fan of the MHS sleeve material, but it can be annoying to work with, and I'm not good with a Dremel. I figured with 3D printing I could create incredibly complicated sleeves with little effort (except in design) that have both slots in them that reveal the main boddy fo the saber (Like what the sleeves do now) but also have 3D shapes extruded out of them. I am currently printing a test piece that isn't too complicated, picture of 3d rendering below:

sleeve1.jpg

This is basically a simple sleeve design with a button holder built in. I will update this when it is done printing, and then when I am done sanding and painting it. Yes I realize I could have bought both of these items from Tim, but I am on a tight schedule and this is only intended as a test. I will not be releasing this file.

If this is successful, I will design and print more sleeves that are more complicated with more 3D objects projecting from them and more detailed holes subtracted from them. Suggestions?