Thread: Build Log: NanoRex's Personal Saber (First MHS build w/ CFv7.5)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Progress is slooooooow. Finally had time to finish up the part customization diagrams to send Tim today; I'll see what he thinks. Here's what they look like in case anyone wants to know how I did my diagrams (I know they're not amazing, but hopefully they're good enough):

I have also made some significant changes to the internal design. I decided to bite the bullet and outfit my saber with a custom 7.4V 18650 pack, with one cell housed in the upper section and one in the lower section, as well as a CEx and quad star Cree XP-E2 B/Rb/R/G which was a custom request from LEDSupply for colour changing but also a strong blue. As such I have lowered the bar graph to 4 LEDs with the other 4 being using for the crystal chamber LED, which will be a 5050 RGB SMD LED to save space. It's gonna be quite the cram

As for the crystal, I'm torn on whether to use the aqua aura quartz crystal that I have, or switch to a clear quartz now that I'll have the colour-changing feature. Since this is a blue strong saber I'd like to keep the aqua aura for display when not lit, but it might look bad when lit a different colour. I'll have to see what it looks like lit, but if anyone could provide some input on this, that would be great.
    Last edited by NanoRex; 02-25-2016 at 10:16 PM.