Thread: First build log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What about the cell pack? The description says its a 2 AA pack, do i need 2 packs or just the one?
    And for the speakers, does the size and qty of hole change much on loudness?
    TY
    SON OF A SITH!

Your parts list says 18650 pack. Where are you seeing a description that says it's a AA pack?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Good question, i have been reading so much that i must have gotten info mixed up along the way. Nvm, i will keep reading, i think my brain is getting fried with all the info and new skills i have been develloping here.
    SON OF A SITH!

Give it some time and things will fall into place inside your head.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Ok so i started working on my chassis design but got stuck within 5 minutes. What size is the 18650 canadian recharge pack/cell? Also, can anyone explain what the difference is between that one and the american version other than the 2600mah vs 3400mah? I have also been trying to figure out what the difference between a pack and a cell is.
    Lastly, am i right assuming that the 18650 is too big to have 2 of those side by side? I cant find chassis disks for 2 of those, i did find the disks for the 14500 double cell but looks like in Canada we cant buy the rechargeable version.
    By the looks of things im starting to think that the build im trying to put togeter is too complexe for me at this point. The more i read, the more questions i have. Grrrrŕrr
    SON OF A SITH!

Blog Entries

18650s are 18mm x 65mm. They're about .75" in diameter so there is no way to do them side by side.

The 18650 number is the battery size. The first two numbers are the diameter, measured in millimeters. The third and fourth numbers are the length, also measured in millimeters. The last number ( 0 ) just means the battery is cylindrical. So an 18650 is cylindrical, 18 millimeters in diameter, and 65 millimeters long. You still gotta add a few millimeters for the protection circuit (my 18650 is 2.75" long).

A cell is a single battery, while a pack is two or more batteries (I think. Could be wrong). A side by side 18500/18650 pack is too wide to fit into MHS hilts.

The mAh number is milliAmps per hour. The larger the number, the longer the runtime.

Ok so in the CF user guide it is recommanded to use 2 18650 cells, would a pack like the one im reffering to be considered has 2 cells or do i need 2 packs? Sorry if i keep coming back with this but im french, sometimes the obvious isn't obvious to me and google translate sucks when it comes to the technical stuff which i know nothing about and am trying to learn, i have friends whom are quite knowledgeable in electronics but when i ask them questions about stuff i read on the forum they cant help me since all my refference are in english.

So ty all for being patient with me.

On a side note i just read the entire CF user guide twice and im starting to understand a lot of it except for the programing parts. That will be another challenge to come.

Ps: All the info about the batteries you given me should be a sticky imo. Just saying
    Last edited by Thorgal Pain; 12-13-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    SON OF A SITH!

Ok, been reading some more about batteries. Sorry if i get the refferences crossed but you will understand still.
    So, if i use 2 seperate 3.7v 3400mAh (18650) in parallel to double the mAh instead of in series to double voltage and do the hack to the board, in theory i could end up having to recharge the batteries less often right? But would i have enough voltage to run the high power LED, 3 accent LEDS, and so on?
    SON OF A SITH!