Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First build log

Ok so in the CF user guide it is recommanded to use 2 18650 cells, would a pack like the one im reffering to be considered has 2 cells or do i need 2 packs? Sorry if i keep coming back with this but im french, sometimes the obvious isn't obvious to me and google translate sucks when it comes to the technical stuff which i know nothing about and am trying to learn, i have friends whom are quite knowledgeable in electronics but when i ask them questions about stuff i read on the forum they cant help me since all my refference are in english.

So ty all for being patient with me.

On a side note i just read the entire CF user guide twice and im starting to understand a lot of it except for the programing parts. That will be another challenge to come.

Ps: All the info about the batteries you given me should be a sticky imo. Just saying
    Last edited by Thorgal Pain; 12-13-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    SON OF A SITH!

You only need one pack. The 7.4V packs have 2 cells in them. You can use any 7.4V pack - if you are using multiple die setups, at least the 14650's is recommended.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok, been reading some more about batteries. Sorry if i get the refferences crossed but you will understand still.
    So, if i use 2 seperate 3.7v 3400mAh (18650) in parallel to double the mAh instead of in series to double voltage and do the hack to the board, in theory i could end up having to recharge the batteries less often right? But would i have enough voltage to run the high power LED, 3 accent LEDS, and so on?
    SON OF A SITH!

In general you don't want to hack the board unless you really really need it for space. It'll decrease the performance of the card (volume, etc). As well, the li-ion battery packs each have a protection circuit inside them, and using two batteries at the same time with their own protection circuits can cause unnecessary complications.

Got to work on my full reveal chassis's design today, i tried respecting the dimensions but i came to the conclusion that the hilt needs to be 2 inches longer so i will adjust it to work.
    So there it is, my full reveal chassis version 1.0.
    What do you think?

2015-12-15 22.21.16.jpg
    Last edited by Thorgal Pain; 12-16-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    SON OF A SITH!

Looks good to me, although two inches is quite a lot to be adding to your hilt.

If i dont, no room for a CC.
    SON OF A SITH!

looks good! I feel ur pain on the CC. I'm still sorting out how exactly I'm going to pull mine off, lol.

How long is your crystal chamber? Mine is only an inch and a half long, which leaves plenty of space for electronics.

Right now i have 3 inches available but i will resize once the prototype of the CC is done.
    SON OF A SITH!