Thread: MR Force FX Construction Set - Rebuild

Default MR Force FX Construction Set - Rebuild

Hello Everyone,

Let me begin by saying that I have never built my own saber before and I have been doing a lot of research on it.

I am basically trying to upgrade the sound and LED from my current construction set.

Just a refresher, this construction set can swap out 4 parts onto the hilt to customize the look of the saber. Then there is a 3 position switch to change the colors from Red / Blue / Green (which also toggles the sound appropriate to the color selected). It powers up with 3aaa battery pack.

untitled.jpg

I basically want to strip out all of the electronics and replace it using:

-Petit Crouton Sound Module
    -LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color
    -some kind of switch to toggle all the colors (probably requires some drilling in the hilt for easy access)
    -Swing Sensor (not sure if I could still use the one already in the original)
    -Clash Sensor (not sure if I could still use the one already in the original)
    -ignition switch (has to be the original in order to match the slide on parts that came with the set)

Sorry if I am all over the place. The parts I think I will need are the sound board, LED Engin, switch to control the color settings.

I was inspired by this post but it is old and not sure if that build would work and was scared off by the fact he fried hos board a couple of times:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Corbin-driver

I left out obvious materials such as solder, wiring, heatshrink tubing, glue, etc...

Thanks for your patience.
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by araffa040872 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Let me begin by saying that I have never built my own saber before and I have been doing a lot of research on it.

I am basically trying to upgrade the sound and LED from my current construction set.

Just a refresher, this construction set can swap out 4 parts onto the hilt to customize the look of the saber. Then there is a 3 position switch to change the colors from Red / Blue / Green (which also toggles the sound appropriate to the color selected). It powers up with 3aaa battery pack.

untitled.jpg

I basically want to strip out all of the electronics and replace it using:

-Petit Crouton Sound Module
    -LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color
    -some kind of switch to toggle all the colors (probably requires some drilling in the hilt for easy access)
    -Swing Sensor (not sure if I could still use the one already in the original)
    -Clash Sensor (not sure if I could still use the one already in the original)
    -ignition switch (has to be the original in order to match the slide on parts that came with the set)

Sorry if I am all over the place. The parts I think I will need are the sound board, LED Engin, switch to control the color settings.

I was inspired by this post but it is old and not sure if that build would work and was scared off by the fact he fried hos board a couple of times:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Corbin-driver

I left out obvious materials such as solder, wiring, heatshrink tubing, glue, etc...

Thanks for your patience.
    AL
    Any success in converting this light saber construction set?