Thread: Power Sound

Default Power Sound

Hi,

the power of sound depend of soundboard or speaker ?
    if i change the speaker of hasbro lightsaber i have a better sound or not ?

thank you
    sorry for my bad english

changing the speaker with a better one will help, but only so much. make sure the speaker you change it out with has the same ohm rating as the original though

Ok thank you. When i see custom lightsaber on youtube, they have a big sound. How make the same sound ? with soundboard ?

There are three main components, I've found, to getting good sound from a saber. First, as you've asked, is the quality of the speaker you're using. I use the 28mm bass speakers exclusively--in my opinion they pack more of a punch than the premium speaker in my setups. The second aspect to good sound is the quality of your output signal; a good sound driver is going to do a better job of this. The third aspect to getting good sound is the mount for your speaker; having a good mount and resonant chamber between the speaker and the audio grill (pommel) can change the tone of your saber a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    There are three main components, I've found, to getting good sound from a saber. First, as you've asked, is the quality of the speaker you're using. I use the 28mm bass speakers exclusively--in my opinion they pack more of a punch than the premium speaker in my setups. The second aspect to good sound is the quality of your output signal; a good sound driver is going to do a better job of this. The third aspect to getting good sound is the mount for your speaker; having a good mount and resonant chamber between the speaker and the audio grill (pommel) can change the tone of your saber a lot.

^ ditto.

The soundboard (source) is the #1 key here. You cant do much with a crappy audio source/signal.

(the old saying applies here: you cant make chicken soup, from chicken sh!t)

if I have a muted/muffled, hissy/scratchy audio signal coming from my board.. no speaker will fix that.

resonance and speaker quality are also something not to skip on.