Thread: This might help some of you. Staggered ignition feature in kylo ren saber

Default This might help some of you. Staggered ignition feature in kylo ren saber

First off I'm a new saber builder. I been getting lots of help in these forum from other user and I just want to give something back. At first I wanted to build a Kylo Ren inspired saber with staggered ignition. Meaning the main blade lights up followed by the two side blades.

I wanted to find the cheapest way to do this and unfortunately the NBv2 can't achieved such features. As was told by Erv from plecter lab.

Here the exact response i got from him, "not the nano, but there are several techniques allowing to do it on a crystal focus using the accent pads and power extenders."

Another sound board you can use is NEC Igniter 2 soundboard as shown in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOQjnWGKh0

So these are the two sound board that can achieve the staggered ignition
    NEC Igniter 2 price at $150
    Crystal focus $152 CSS
    updated
    NEC spark 2 can do it too! $80 Probably the cheapest way to go if you don't need the extra feature of the igniter 2 or crystal focus

people can add to the list if they want.

Too bad I don't have the information of the wiring but this should be a good start for those that are looking into making a Kylo Ren inspired saber with staggered ignitions.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by harv415; 03-20-2016 at 09:28 PM.

I was actually thinking about this the other night. Unfortunately the Crystal Focus is the only Plecter board that has an ignition and retraction accent LED sequence, so it's really the only Plecter board that can do staggered ignition with Power Xtenders. As for wiring, I was wondering if it would work to wire the Power Xtender to the CF's main LED output instead of the battery, which would allow you to have blade flicker on the side blades (which would be very important for a Kylo Ren saber). Anyone have insight on this?