Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saber design idea

Default saber design idea

sorry if this has been asked but is it possible to make a double ended saber that splits in to two one handed sabers and so you can swing around the double handed saber like a crazy baffoon.

red leader moving in to attack position.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member
    RED LEADER Standing by!

say your fighting with the double ended and then you want to fight with 2 saber would the threader work or would there be a hole in the end of the saber.

There will be holes unless you stop to attach pommels to both ends. The threaded connector, while very secure, isn't very practical for release in the middle of a fight.

thats annoying i really wanted one that i could detach quikly in a fight i think ill think about it and get some ideas.

Maybe you can make some sort of a vacuum cleaner style clip button release you know like the clips they use to clip extentions together with so then you just squeeze and pull apart.
    "The Force is my Ally"

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I was kind of toying with the pneumatic air chuck connectors, but I think they woud look weird, bulky and out of place.

http://www.grainger.com/images/produ...d/XL-4X396.JPG

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

or you could use neodymond maganates. buy them on ebay. i know that is your next question
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Neodymium magnets.

Maybe a pair of neodymium (more informally "rare earth") magnets combined with some sort of twist-and-lock release. I'd be worried that magnets alone would either fly apart with all the saber-flailing, or else be too strong to pull apart with your bare hands.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    Neodymium magnets.

Maybe a pair of neodymium (more informally "rare earth") magnets combined with some sort of twist-and-lock release. I'd be worried that magnets alone would either fly apart with all the saber-flailing, or else be too strong to pull apart with your bare hands.
    Well I will let you know what happens, I got 4, 3/4 round x 3/4 long, I will just maybe have to have tim machine the inside of the pommels out a little more (if they even need it) I'm thinkin proly just 2 handed sabers. will have to see how it turns out.

BLUE 3- Ready