Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unstable Effects - Translucent glitter paint on inside of blade?

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    I've seen people use clear hot glue recently to create the unstable blade effect. I'm more of a traditionalist my self and like a clean looking blade.
    Personally I am too. But When my son came to me asking me to teach him to use the mill and lathe he had this story about this young boy who watched an inquisitor kill his father who was a Jedi but kept it hidden even from him. During the battle his fathers lightsaber was crushed including the crystal. He became so angry that he unknowingly used the force to reassemble the saber and fuse the crystal together long enough to strike down the unsuspecting inquisitor....after years of self learning he managed to construct his own lightsaber hidden within a blaster pistol using the dark side anger fused fractured crystal...hence the unstable arcing blade. Only his story took over 20 minutes to tell.

My unstable blade from Ripper Blades has blade material dust in it as part of the effect.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Just thought of this. Fishing line may have an interesting effect, possibly creating streaks.
    That's freakin brilliant! Maybe a glue spray on the inside of the blade, shake in short fishing line cuttings (different test weights maybe), let dry and add corbin wrap. I may have to get a blade to run this little experiment!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    My unstable blade from Ripper Blades has blade material dust in it as part of the effect.

image.jpg
    I was just thinking about Ripper's unstable blade! His stuff is usually made from acrylic instead of PC, but I don't see why it couldn't still work with PC.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    That's freakin brilliant! Maybe a glue spray on the inside of the blade, shake in short fishing line cuttings (different test weights maybe), let dry and add corbin wrap. I may have to get a blade to run this little experiment!

I was just thinking about Ripper's unstable blade! His stuff is usually made from acrylic instead of PC, but I don't see why it couldn't still work with PC.
    Or use a PC blade and get a small piece of Acrylic to saw up to generate dust and ships. That way the chips will have the acrylics light properties while the blade has the strength. I am glad I posed the question, this has been a fun brainstorming session.

When the conversion kit for the Kylo Ren comes out, I'm sure lots of people will want to experiment with this unstable blade effect.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post

This is a PC blade.

Yeah his round blades are PC, the flat blades are usually acrylic but he makes some PC, too.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.