Thread: 2nd Saber in the books

Default 2nd Saber in the books

Finished this a couple of months ago and forgot to share. Still trying to figure out some settings but I couldn't be happier.
    RGBW quad Cree
    Petit crouton v3.5
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a battle-scarred veteran all right. Great weathering and aging treatment...

Sweet! Great job on the weathering.

Thanks guys. Next one is going to be a polished saber with some shroud and etching work.

That's awesome!
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

Damn that's cool! What did you use for the weathering?

Blog Entries

How did you inflict the damage on the hilt? I was considering something similar but couldn't decide how to do it.

Weathering was done using spray paint and fine grit sandpaper. I used self etching primer and a couple of coats of black to get it thick then sanded it down. then I did another wash over the shiny parts to dull them out.

The damage actually was done to cover up a switch hole that was in the main body section. The hilt actually was supposed to be a lot shorter but I accidentally got the extension with thicker walls so none of the chassis discs would fit inside the hilt. So I cannibalized my stunt saber and used its main body section. I dremeled out the gashes using a cutoff wheel and some sanding discs. Not trying to be perfect is key, letting the Dremel jump a little will make it look like a genuine gash. A simple spray paint and wipe off will make the Knicks pop and give it dimension.

looks great. One day i'll work up the courage to do a heavy weathered saber.