Thread: Wiring momentary tactile switches.

Default Wiring momentary tactile switches.

So i'm getting ready to build my saber and i've read the manual for my PC V3.5 and figured out my wiring. The only thing i need help with is that i don't know how to wire my switches since they both have 4 pins. http://eu.mouser.com/Search/ProductD...lkey688-SKHHDU these are the switches i have, the model is like switch 17 from tcss. If anyone has any examples or an explanation i would really appreciate it.

I believe that you only need 2 of those 4 pins. I remember seeing a video using those switches and two of the pins were cut off since only 2 were needed.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Blog Entries

Confirmed. You only need two of the four. Make sure you pick two on the same side. Pins opposite of each other are connected.

Also note that there is no polarity. So either pin can go to positive or negative.

Thank you guys so much for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Confirmed. You only need two of the four. Make sure you pick two on the same side. Pins opposite of each other are connected.

Also note that there is no polarity. So either pin can go to positive or negative.
    Thank-you. I have been trying to figure this out for ages. Being someone who has a learn-by-do type of mind this has been difficult.

If you have a multimeter, you can test between pins to determine which pair to use. If not, use a power source (ie battery) and a 5mm LED. Remember, a switch just makes and breaks a circuit.