Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally Realistic

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediHilt
    I'm probably wrong but from his discription I'm going to venture a guess that his blade is a fluorescent tube if you have ever stood under long fluorescent tubes and looked up at them what do you see a really bright humming, glowing, and even rotoscoping tube it fits his discription.
    Obviously haven't read the topic he had in Misc...

Still think it's a crack dream.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

jedihilt, neon and flouresant tubes suck crap because if you even tap them, they will shatter
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default nope

It's not a fluorescent tube. Good guess. I think there is potential with fluorescent's if we can ever make an enclosure with the right properties, but that's not what I'm using.

Thanks to everyone who has pushed me in the direction of jumping on a patent immediately. I am doing so. I contacted some attorney's today and hopefully will be able to open up about this soon.

When I have secured at least patent pending status, I will openly and freely share everything I have, including blueprints, materials, and tools. (You will have to make some tools to build this).

Just FYI - My other post in the misc. section is a completely different item from the replica design. That post is just speculative engineering concerning a possible design for a real lightsaber, and really is just a pipe dream at this point. The replica design I talk about in this thread is very real, I have built it on a small scale and it works great. The full scale model is on the way, hopefully to be completed this week. I will post video when it's done.

Along the line of that business plan, great input. I'm getting started on that, too.

For those who may think I'm wrong for posting this here, let me ask this. how do you know I won't share this with Tim? Or anyone else? Once it gets going, I'm going to need help. Who better to either hire, or go into business with, than the kind of people here? The creative potential here is just waiting to be tapped.

Finally, if anyone is wondering, I'm not looking for capital. I have plenty.

I kind of doubt, at this point, that I will sell it to anyone, even MR. I need to wait and see how it goes.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. All I can say is .... just wait....

Council Member
    Sith Lord

get us pics/videos as soon as possible. then we will start believing in you
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    get us pics/videos as soon as possible. then we will start believing in you
    But again, how do we no its not rotoscoping?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Default hmmm

I've thought about that.

I guess you won't know, but I'll make sure that it is extraordinarily unlikely that it could be rotoscoping.

I'm planning to go out to public places and demonstrate. I guess you can judge by peoples reactions, I hope ...

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Default Re: hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by bodi
    I've thought about that.

I guess you won't know, but I'll make sure that it is extraordinarily unlikely that it could be rotoscoping.

I'm planning to go out to public places and demonstrate. I guess you can judge by peoples reactions, I hope ...
    Good idea, unless...you're paying them to be good actors!

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Ryma Mara

Just do what chris angel does.

be an actor? criss angel is a phoney, he is a loser that just wanted some fame
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a
    be an actor? criss angel is a phoney, he is a loser that just wanted some fame
    he got it didn't he.

BLUE 3- Ready