Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally Realistic

Default Thank you.

I'm not looking for technical advice. I have that well covered. I'm trying to figure out what I should do to protect my interest in the concept. I have nothing at all against telling you how to do it, so you can build your own, as long as I can profit from the idea without someone ripping me off. I know its worth a lot, if I handle it right, and thats what I want to do. I am pursuing a patent, but it's going to take a lot of time and money. In the meantime, how do I reach the right people? How do I find the right people and make them take me seriously without making myself vulnerable to having it stolen?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Belinos
    well it is all and good that you say it but you didn't mention what kind of technology you are talking about using or anything of that nature. how can we offer suggestions if we don't know what to suggest on?
    Exactly.

If I had such an item ( ) I wouldn't be here. I'd have bank rolled and patented the idea. I'd then be showing it to interested parties like MR.

If it's worth anything patent it. Disclosure of the technology behind it is key. No one will believe if you don't and you can't patent a secret. This is for your believability and protection. If you didn't protect the idea it'd get stolen in an instant.

If you can't patent it (novel idea)... Your last result should be to sell them yourself if it's worth anything.

EDIT: It seems you are persuing a patent. If you can prove that you invented this then you are covered. If anyone steals it you can just sue them and just show your proof of "inventing" it first.

If you are that set on it. Go to MR. They have plenty of stuff you can look up. You'd want to talk to product development.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default Maybe a better question.

How can I demonstrate that I have what I say I have, without:

a. showing how I do it.

b. mailing you one

c. going on a road trip to your house

d. you going on a road trip to mine

This is what I'm trying to figure out at the moment. So, yes, I know it looks fishy, but so what? All I'm asking for is some ideas...

Besides, actually, if you happen to be in Missouri, I would be willing to meet up.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If it's what you say it is... showing any of us does absolutely nothing. If you want to profit off it then you should be gathering your money to mass produce it yourself or getting to someone to who can. Patent it and get a person involved in marketing products to help you.

You picked a sucky place to post at. This is pretty much a DIY community. Without disclosing anything technical then I don't see why any of us should care. If it's good we'll be buying later... that's about it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default thanks xwing

I guess that I need to wait till I know more about the patent process, then. I can be pretty naive about business matters.

you think?

no proof, specially around here usually gets a bad response.

this reminds me way too much of the hyper-claims, and really bad ordeals that revolved around that subject.

please, lets not start another hyper-fight?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Default Re: Totally Realistic

Quote Originally Posted by bodi
    Hello everyone.

I'm Bodi and I'm new to this forum.

I have a new design for a blade which is closer in appearance to the movie effect than anything I have seen on the net, and believe me, I've scoured it. I'm in the process of building it now and will post some pics as soon as its completed, so you can judge.

The blade core appears white hot, with a colored aura (all standard colors could be used) which is clearly visible, even in moderate daylight, and it doesn't have to be against a backdrop. The blade powers up and down the shaft completely realistically and can be programmed for any speed of ignition/deactivation. The blade has the appearance of rotating at high speeds and this is also programmable. The blade is constant in appearance throughtout its entire length. The brightness can be adjusted to any level up to NUCLEAR. Completely cool 'lens flare' effect, too.

Durability testing will begin as soon as the prototype is completed, and I have every reason to believe they will take a lot of punishment, since the blade is solid plastic.

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me as to what I should do with this. It looks pretty real.

Should I offer to sell my design to a manufacturer? Should I make them myself? Ebay? What's the way I should go here?
    Show proof and we'll believe ya. On selling, have you gotten plans for a hilt?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Default Not yet.

No. Actually, thats another reason that I picked this site. I'm sorry, I guess that could be considered a technical question. I do not yet have any idea on hilt design. I've never made a replica before. I have had this concept idea for years, but for various reasons couldn't do it. Now I can, and have the needed materials.

As far as the circuitry goes, its already designed. As far as putting it in a handle, well, thats on the drawing board.

I'll probably go with graflex at first for mine. I'm only making one personal one at the moment. I was just going to make something expediant to hold the blade to demo, for now. But I am getting set up to make them for family and friends and demos. So I guess I'm in the market for some handles. I'd like to buy them here. I'm looking.

The best way to convince people is often to tell how it works. As like hyperdyne, At firts I thougt "this guy is bs". But when i saw/realized how it worked I thought more like "He's not Jesus, but it's probably good". Hyperdyne's blades are the same as MR's, but with 150 diods instead of 64. So to me it feels quite logic it's better. But when somebody like you comes up and just says you "got the answear" most people aren't convinced at all. And if you absolutely not wan't to tell people you should, like everyone says, patent it.
    A god way to start sell something new is maybe to sell it with something old, that people know really works. Like the MHS.
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Enolmano
    The best way to convince people is often to tell how it works. As like hyperdyne, At firts I thougt "this guy is bs". But when i saw/realized how it worked I thought more like "He's not Jesus, but it's probably good". Hyperdyne's blades are the same as MR's, but with 150 diods instead of 64. So to me it feels quite logic it's better. But when somebody like you comes up and just says you "got the answear" most people aren't convinced at all. And if you absolutely not wan't to tell people you should, like everyone says, patent it.
    A god way to start sell something new is maybe to sell it with something old, that people know really works. Like the MHS.
    Yeah, I agree.

Enolmano, is it just a coincidence or do you purposely type religious words like "Jesus" "answear" "god"? I don't mean anything by this, but it just came to me as I read your typos, so no offense. Just wondering.

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!