Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally Realistic

Default Totally Realistic

Hello everyone.

I'm Bodi and I'm new to this forum.

I have a new design for a blade which is closer in appearance to the movie effect than anything I have seen on the net, and believe me, I've scoured it. I'm in the process of building it now and will post some pics as soon as its completed, so you can judge.

The blade core appears white hot, with a colored aura (all standard colors could be used) which is clearly visible, even in moderate daylight, and it doesn't have to be against a backdrop. The blade powers up and down the shaft completely realistically and can be programmed for any speed of ignition/deactivation. The blade has the appearance of rotating at high speeds and this is also programmable. The blade is constant in appearance throughtout its entire length. The brightness can be adjusted to any level up to NUCLEAR. Completely cool 'lens flare' effect, too.

Durability testing will begin as soon as the prototype is completed, and I have every reason to believe they will take a lot of punishment, since the blade is solid plastic.

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me as to what I should do with this. It looks pretty real.

Should I offer to sell my design to a manufacturer? Should I make them myself? Ebay? What's the way I should go here?

that sounds like a great idea. but how do we know your not rotoscoping? we dont and unless i see this in person or a how to guide. so im sorry to say but this sounds like bs.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Default Nope

Well, what would you suggest? Video? I'm planning to do those, too.

I was thinking a good way to go will be to take one out in public and just video people's reactions...

I am very serious about this. I know theres a lot of BS on the net, but I'm for real.

You can check me out on Myspace, by the way. I'm Bodi.

http://www.myspace.com/138326967

Besides, I'm not trying to sell you anything. I would like some advice, though.

So, rather than berating, give me ideas. I won't send you one, or tell you how I do it. How can I get people to take me seriously? What would you do?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a
    sounds like bs.
    ditto... I'll believe it when I see it. The sheer power and illumination to be seen in daylight is absurd.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

pm me and we will talk about it
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Default Absurd?

This is the 21st century. We have the technology. To be honest, it amazes me that there aren't any like this on the market already. Absurd? You must be kidding me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Until you back it up with more than promises... you are the absurd one.

Yes, we have technology like it. Lucas sued a surgical company that made "lightsabers" that were about 1 cm long. We've had plasma torches for years...

I'm not an idiot either. A 100W bulb looks like crap in the daylight and any battery you could fit in a hilt wouldn't last long. So yes, I'm skeptical.

If you want to be taken seriously you'd post something more than a myspace and something concrete. Pics and videos can be faked. This is a community based on sharing... if you can't share then you generally won't be met with much loving warmth. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

Do you smell that? I do, do.

Default Put up or shut up

I'm not here to make friends.

I like having friends and I will take all I can get, but that that's not why im here.

I'm also not here to sell anything.

I'm not here to convince you of anything.

I'm here to get some ideas and advice. Do you have any of that? I'm all ears. I just want to know what you would do if you had such an item.

Thats all.

Save your insults for someone who really is full of ****.

well it is all and good that you say it but you didn't mention what kind of technology you are talking about using or anything of that nature. how can we offer suggestions if we don't know what to suggest on?