Thread: Saber noob, wiring lipo to make my saber rechargeable

Default Saber noob, wiring lipo to make my saber rechargeable

Hello everyone,

So a bit of a noob and a bit of an off the wall question here. So I'm making a pair of sabers for me and my wife, I want to make them rechargeable, but am doing this on a budget. So the hilt is all done, and I know it may seem sacrilege, but I'm using what I had around as I can't quit afford to do full on MHS with sound like I want. Plus I'm keeping the size fairly small. So the LED's I'm using were taken from a 3led flashlight. Nice fit and seem bright enough.

Right now, I can run it using the 4(it does work with three as well) LM44 button batteries. However I'm trying to wire with a single 13600 battery (salvaged from an old ego ecig, and do know the battery is still good) however, a straight wire up is a no go. I'm trying to figure out what I would need to get this running or if it's even possible. Most stuff I'm reading refers to adding a resistor, But I think I may actually need a step up to make this work properly as the LM44=1.5x 3 or 4 = 4.5v to 6v. and the 13600 is only rated at 3.7.

The other thought that had crossed my mind was using instead 2 16340's. All of this bearing in mind that my space for a battery is about the size of a double a battery wrapped in heatshrink, with about half an inch to an inch between my emitter and crystal chamber for basic electronics.

I suppose that's the problem using found parts and not knowing spec on the leds.

Thank you all for your input, truly is appreciated!!

And in case anyone wants to see, I did attach a couple pics, again, not actual blade(just what I could find for a rough fit for now until I could order a nice blade for them) and rough pics.

12226724_10206887218672311_756628183_n.jpg12212002_10206887218312302_533517700_n.jpg

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Good luck on your build!

I am liking how the saber looks though; very nice, very tiny!

Thank you! Once I get it finished finished I'll post some better pics too!