Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Blade Plugs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    What hardware store did you get these from?
    Local TrueValue

My local ace didn't have those

Blog Entries

My local ace didn't have those
    That stinks. You can easily find copper ones that are similar. They have a rounded edge at the step rather than the 90 degree.

I'll try to remember to ask the guy exactly what they are next time I stop in.

Please do lol I've got a lowes and couple other stores I can go look in, in the mean time. I know I've seen that furniture insert some where. Any who nice plugs man.

Those are indeed great looking, and yeah if you can get the name that'd be awesome.

- Rich

So the little brass pieces are called brass expansion bushings...and the closest thing I could find to the big brass couplings are something called pex female sweat adapter in 3/4 inch

Blog Entries

So the little brass pieces are called brass expansion bushings...and the closest thing I could find to the big brass couplings are something called pex female sweat adapter in 3/4 inch
    That's some mighty fine sleuthing there sir. Nice!

Once I find out what the coupler is called I will update the OP. But the sweat adapters look like they'd be just as nice...maybe even nicer.

Lol thanks! I like the sweat adapter! It looks good in the blade holder I have. I forget the style number but it's the one in the shop that has the four prongs of the non pointed variety.

I noticed that, at Home Depot, the expansion bushings are called "dowels" in the fastener isle.
    Hopefully that helps some find parts.

Board Lurker

Looks really good. I better check out my local hardware store and see if I can muster up some inspiration. Thank you for sharing a great idea.