Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Blade Plugs

Blog Entries

Default Custom Blade Plugs

I was browsing the hardware store looking for ideas for blade plugs and came across some really great brass pieces. They are some kind of coupler with a 1" OD on the larger end. I also picked up a couple brass furniture inserts, a faucet aerator and some o-rings to pressure fit everything together. The other plug is made from some extra blade material.

Last edited by darth_chasm; 11-19-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Dude, what a coincidence, I had the same thought when I looked at those same parts in the hardware store today. I also thought they might work well in a crystal chamber. Great looking blade plugs, man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    Dude, what a coincidence, I had the same thought when I looked at those same parts in the hardware store today. I also thought they might work well in a crystal chamber. Great looking blade plugs, man.

It's funny. I went in looking for something to cover the edge of a razor blade screen and couldn't really find anything. Then I came across these couplers and I was like oh wow, these will work great.

I actually used the little brass insert in my crystal chamber and felt it would also work well in the blade plug. It has a little plastic ball inside that diffuses the light perfectly.

Some people see brass couplers, you see blade plugs. I just love finding greeblies hiding in plain sight

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Some people see brass couplers, you see blade plugs. I just love finding greeblies hiding in plain sight
    I can't walk through a hardware store (or hobby store, walmart, heck ANY store) without seeing potential saber parts everywhere.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Those look great! What section of the hardware store was that in? I was thinking about using an air compressor male quick release.

I like it.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    I like it.
    Thanks. You're nifty razor idea sure does set the middle one off

Quote Originally Posted by Praposo91 View Post
    Those look great! What section of the hardware store was that in? I was thinking about using an air compressor male quick release.
    It's an NYC hardware store, which pretty much means two isles of everything. They were in an unmarked bin near some faucet supplies like tap screens and such. They had $3.00 written directly on them haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I can't walk through a hardware store (or hobby store, walmart, heck ANY store) without seeing potential saber parts everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Is it a gift or sickness? Can't decide which yet

Nice, very creative use of "found" parts.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Is it a gift or sickness? Can't decide which yet
    Sickness! Definitly a sickness, but a good one