Thread: It's My First Build! Help!

Default It's My First Build! Help!

So I am going to attempt my first build and could use some assistance making sure I get all the things I need. Here is what is on my list so far

-Rebel Star LED Module MHSV1 (amber)
    -JST Female connector 24awg blue/white (for BuckPuck connection)
    -16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Switch (orange ring)
    -MWS Momentary to Latching Converter
    -BuckPuck 700mA 4wire
    -Li-ion 18650, 3.7v 2600mAh rechargeable battery module
    -MWS Recharge port
    -20mA DynaOhm Variable Resistor
    -Acrylic Chassis Discs for Recharge Port
    -Acrylic Chassis Discs for PC 2.0 & 18650 (s2)
    -Chassis Disc (style 4)
    -Stainless 4-40 all thread (x2)
    -MHS Speaker mount (v5)
    -2w 28mm Bass Speaker
    -Petit Crouton Sound Module v3.5

This is what I want to assemble my chassis with, then I will be able to decide on a hilt, blade holder, pommel and chokes after I know the chassis works.

I want to have a rechargeable saber without having to take it apart. Is it possible for the port to be in the pommel?
    The switch I assume needed the 20mA DynaOhm resistor for the LED ring
    The speaker is what confuses me most, how is it connected to the Petit sound module?

Thanks for the help!

You have a few unnecessary items. With the Petit Crouton, you will not need the BuckPuck or the Momentary-to-Latching Converter. You will likely want a second momentary switch to control the aux functions of the PC.

The PC runs best on a 7.4v li-ion battery pack, unless you choose to perform the single-cell hack.

The speaker will be attached to the PC using solder and wires. So will most of the other components.

I would strongly recommend reading the user's manual for the PC a few times.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I don't have all your answers but yes, you can put a recharge port in the pommel. There are pommel inserts with holes threaded for charge ports.

If you're using the petit crouton you can connect the switch LED ring to one of the accent LED pads, in which case you might not need a resistor but I'd use one anyways.

The speaker gets connected to the 2 pads on the PC labeled as "speaker".

Also, reading the owners manual for the PC and drawing yourself a diagram is a good way to figure out exactly what components you need.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I need to learn more about the PC, sounds like this thing will control pretty much everything.

If I change to 7.4 lio-ion 18650 battery, I just need 1 right?

16mm Momentary switch is to control the LED module.
    I will add 16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary switch(yellow dot) to control the sound

do I need resistors before I connect these switches to PC?

The switches themselves (not the LED) do not require resistors.

You just need one 7.4V battery pack.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.