Thread: SPDT switch use?

Default SPDT switch use?

hey guys, wonder if you can help me here... has anyone used an spdt switch in a double sided saber build before?

I had an idea for a build and just trying to work out the logistics of it and my brain has suddenly turned to mush lol

basically a saber with an SPDT switch in the control box... for my design it would go from turning on the main saber blade, to reversing and turning on the emitter at the back for a lightwhip blade...

now i'm just figuring out how to wire in an SPDT switch within an NBv2 setup with two tri-crees...

Would the switch go in the standard place, SW through to RC port... would there need to be some fancy wiring involved here to get it to work?

thanks for any assist

think i've figured it...

pictured a latching switch, but will obviously be a momentary SPDT switch when i wire it properly...

that make sense, or am i likely to blow it up like that? lol

That diagram isn't going to work properly. I'm not entirely sure if the LEDs would fail to light, or if they'd blow something on the board.

It would be easier to wire up a momentary switch as normal, just for activating/deactivating the saber. See the manual for wiring that up properly.

You could then also have the SPDT selector switch (latching) to flip between the two LEDs. The yellow wire connecting to the common terminal on your switch should go from the switch to the (+) terminal on your recharge port.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

i did think about doing it that way, but wanted to trim down to only one switch if i could...

thanks for pointing out my mistake on the recharge port though

What your wanting can be done. However as SS stated the wiring will be little more complex. First off the NB is not designed to drive more than one LED at a time without the assistance of a power extender. As it seems you want to run only one light at a time I would recommend a push wheel switch. You wouldn't need the PE if you are only running one light at a time. The push wheel switch will select which light will be operated. You would not get an activation sound when switching. You could deactivate, change the selection via push wheel then reactivate. You would wire the push wheel in between the NB and the leds. Also the NB is not set up for a latching switch. You could add a lighthound or pololu board to mimic the momentary action if you are insistent of a latching switch, but its more unecesarry wiring and components within the hilt. In either case you will need 2 switches, the activation switch and the push wheel.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

thats the sort of thing i was going for... so it was one or the other, not both at once...

i was going to use a momentary SPDT switch rather than latching, i only used a picture of latching in the diagram to make it easier for my mind to work on the problem lol