Thread: Completed acid etched hilt+questions?????

Default Completed acid etched hilt+questions?????

Hi Guys

I have finally finished my first saber a custom acid etched hilt with nano biscotte V2 and nice locally sourced LED which is nice.

20151112_072246.jpg IMG-20151121-WA0000.jpg FB_IMG_1448281663313.jpg

Now for my questions and forgive me for being retarded.

1. Should my resistor get hot I have checked the calculators and i am sure its the right one but may be wrong
    i am a noob.

2. Everything works sound, light, swing, clash etc all good. When i plug in my "SMART CHARGER" that i bought which spec wise is the same output so it says as the one on the store. When plugged in to the saber it kills the power to the NBv2 which is correct but i get a green light on the charger without plugging it in to the power outlet. when plugged in and switched on it goes red. Have i wired something wrong to get this green LED on the charger without plugin it in to the wall.

Any help and thoughts or additions or name to the saber much appreciated.

Heat is the primary method that resistors use to dissipate unwanted power. Yeah, they'll get warm. It's perfectly normal.

I always plug my charger in first, and then plug in the saber. I've never seen that behavior before. It's probably just current flowing from the battery back into the unpowered charger. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, I really like that saber. Simple and clean.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

You saber looks great! Nice job!

Congrats on finishing your first build. It looks pretty cool, nice Job on the etching

As SS says, battery feedback will light the led on the charger. If anything it shows your recharge port is wired correctly

Also, the light goes red when you plug it in to indicate that it's charging. It'll go green when fully charged and stay green if it's plugged into the wall with nothing plugged into it.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Thanks guys just wanted to check. hopefully should be ok