Mixed results today:
1) Upper clamp 8-32 set screw is done.

2) Pommel 10-32 set screws... are a mess. Without better equipment I wasn't able to get them to line up properly with the preexisting holes in the aluminum sleeve. I have resolved to have a single screw that threads into the lower hilt and just cut the others down so they are only cosmetic. This works out as I no longer have to worry about protecting the holes when I get this part powder coated. They can simply stay installed.

3) Bunny Ears 6-32 Pin/Screw is drilled but only the top part is threaded. My tap wasn't long enough to get all the way down to the lower half. I am looking at using lock washers between the mount flanges and the bunny ears themselves to get the tension I need to keep them from moving.

UP NEXT
1) I need to build the chassis and dry fit it so I can see EXACTLY where the recharge port is going to go.

2) I've decided to go forward with soldering the brass speaker screen to the hilt itself. I'm going to wait to get the screen in-hand so I can size it's hole correctly.

I do not want to put any more holes in the hilt until I can get a more accurate idea of what/where/when. At this juncture I am just going to clean up the new holes, shorten screws, and start pre-planning the electronics layout.

Lastly, I am considering putting in a faux leather wrap in between the upper and lower grip sleeves. My first build had something similar worked into the grip and I'd like to pay homage to that.